Context menu operation on multiple items? Batch Converter Preset

AM_FX wrote on 8/24/2024, 4:48 AM

I am new to Sound Forge Pro 18 and want to use it mainly for cutting and editing clips for sound effects for video and game environments. While trying out the batch converter presets via the win10 right click context menu for quick edits, I stumbled across the problem that the context operation only shows up when one file is selected and not when multiple files are selected. The standard context menu operations like Normalise, Convert do not have this problem and also show up for multiple files.

I have not been able to find a setting to change this, could you help me? This would speed up my workflow a lot without having to open the main program.

best regards,

AM_FX

Comments

Former user wrote on 8/24/2024, 9:43 PM

@AM_FX,

Batch Converter does not appear in the Windows Context Sub-Menu of SFP. See image below:

This is also true in SFP v16. Per my understanding you have BC appearing in the Context Sub-Menu. I don't know why it is showing? As per Single file or Multiple files, SFP Context Main-Menu won't show if you are selecting non-music files or multiple folders. You need to select multiple music files (e.g. FLAC, M4A, MP3, WAV etc.) for SFP Main-Menu to appear. I don't think there is a preference (Including Internal) setting to customize SFP Context Sub-Menu.

MTX

johnebaker wrote on 8/25/2024, 1:37 AM

@AM_FX

Hi

Using SFP 15, AFAICS, for multiple files, the BC can only be used from within the program, the right click context option only allows for single file conversion and with limited options.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/25/2024, 1:42 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

AM_FX wrote on 8/25/2024, 5:26 AM

Thank you @madtraxx for your answer! Just to clear things up: I am talking about the feature that allows you to add custom context menu operations when saving a batch converter preset (images attached) (toggle: add to context menu). This operation will then be available in the win10 right-click menu when you right-click on a corresponding file type. But only for single files and not, for example, multiple MP3 files.

Thanks @johnebaker for your answer! Alright, I can live with that if it is not possible for multiple files. I just thought it was a very neat feature and would be great to be able to customise it more. Could you maybe point me in the right direction to put in a feature request regarding this?

best regards,

AM_FX

john_barr wrote on 8/25/2024, 8:58 AM

Could you maybe point me in the right direction to put in a feature request regarding this?

You can contact Magix Support: infoservice@magix.net and report this behavior.