Constant freezing/crashing

Matthew-Kemp wrote on 2/26/2021, 11:08 AM

I have the latest version premium edition and the latest update.

I am seeing constant freezing and crashing. Happens randomly...very frustrating! Any solutions about this problem? It seems quite a common problem judging by the countless posts by users!

Is there a fix coming in a future update as ive seen no mention of it from magix themselves

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/26/2021, 11:35 AM

@Matthew-Kemp The best solution is to get a good external audio interface. After I got one I never had any severe problems with audio production software. It is worth the investment.

Please show us your audio settings. Make a screenshot of the Program Settings "Audio/MIDI" and the settings shown when clicking on the "Advanced" button.

Matthew-Kemp wrote on 2/26/2021, 1:30 PM

@Matthew-Kemp The best solution is to get a good external audio interface. After I got one I never had any severe problems with audio production software. It is worth the investment.

Please show us your audio settings. Make a screenshot of the Program Settings "Audio/MIDI" and the settings shown when clicking on the "Advanced" button.

Matthew-Kemp wrote on 2/26/2021, 1:34 PM

A buddy of mine has same set up as me using another DAW and doesnt suffer crashes to desktop.

I have a good external audio interface i think the issue is the software.

It appears there is a vast amount of users who have paid money to use the DAW and experiencing this very frustrating software problem.

SP. wrote on 2/26/2021, 1:37 PM

@Matthew-Kemp I cannot see your screenshot?

johnebaker wrote on 2/26/2021, 5:09 PM

@Matthew-Kemp

Hi

. . . . I have a good external audio interface i think the issue is the software. . . .

. . . . A buddy of mine has same set up as me using another DAW and doesn't suffer crashes to desktop. . . .

Vague and irrelevant statements like the above are not helping us to help you.

We need specific information on your computer system, attached audio device(s), the program settings in Music Maker you are using, and what triggers the crash - see this topic for the details required.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.