Confused on copyright, and uploading my music.

Arthur64 wrote on 8/10/2018, 9:29 PM

I use music maker jam on android, and have made a few songs, and I want to share all of them with my friends, but sometimes it says something along the lines of "you have used copyrighted sounds in your new track!" And won't let me export it. Here's my question: how do I know what packs are copyrighted, and wich ones aren't? like, how to check if I can use it to upload to youtube, or post it it my social media. ( I will not be using the music I make with music maker jam commercially or make revenue from it in any way shape or form) hope someone can understand my question! Thank you!

Comments

silv3rf0x wrote on 8/12/2018, 2:30 PM

sometimes it says something along the lines of "you have used copyrighted sounds in your new track!"

What do you mean by that? Where do you see such a message?

Arthur64 wrote on 8/12/2018, 2:47 PM

@silv3rf0x like when I finish the track, and try to direct it to one of my social medias, it says I have used some copyrighted loops. Doesn't appear with all my songs, just with a few of them.

silv3rf0x wrote on 8/12/2018, 3:09 PM

Sorry, but I don't know why android version of MMJ doesn't let you share your songs. Nevertheless, all the sounds are copyrighted by MAGIX (software maker). Sometimes sound recognition software (for example on YouTube) flags them out, but you have a right to use them for personal projects created with MM Jam, even posted online.

Beware, if you receive any revenue from your social profile as direct or indirect payment (money, coupons, vouchers, subscriptions, affiliate program) where the songs were posted it will violate you right to use and you have to buy a commercial license beforehand for each and every loop mix you have used. More about it here (it's for Music Maker, but license terms are the same):

http://magazine.magix.com/en/commercial-use-of-music/

Arthur64 wrote on 8/12/2018, 3:29 PM

@silv3rf0x alright well thank you ^^ really appreciate it! And hope you have a great rest of your day!

silv3rf0x wrote on 8/12/2018, 3:32 PM

same to you, bro 🙂