Computer Keyboard issues (2nd attempt to post)

justin-strickland wrote on 3/28/2018, 12:35 AM

A TL;DR near the bottom...

I have read through most of the files trying to just figure out how to change the range it is set to and all I get is [Page up] or [Page down], but when I press those it opens up VITA and doesn't do what I am trying to do. It is a bit aggravating to have to play a song in the wrong key on the computer keyboard then scale it down/up.

This coupled with the fact that I can't seem to figure out what language keyboard this is set too. Most of it shows as English, but the keyboard layout screen and the live performer tell me otherwise. I cannot play C in the bass because that key doesn't exist on a US keyboard. It is something to the left of [Z] but before [shift]. I don't even know what that character to the left of [z] even is suppose to be. In the live Performer, if I press [Z] it shows that I pressed [Y] and [,] shows as [;]. My best guess is that it is suppose to be pipe or [ | ], but that is over the [enter] key on the right. But if I type [ | ] it does nothing.

Is the reason why some of the other keyboard functions don't work because it is set to the wrong country? I bought this off on Amazon a while back and have been fumbling around off and on, then stopped using it for a long while due to life issues. But even then, I bought it from the US part for US, even installed in English.

TL;DR
Can't change octaves using page up/down as it opens another feature. How to resolve?
Keyboard not configured for US English. How to resolve?

Bonus: Can I change the octaves of the bass and treble separately?

Config:
MAGIX Music Maker MX Premium Download - Version 18.0,4,1 (UDC2)
Windows 7 (64 bit)
USA - English

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/28/2018, 2:49 AM

Hi

Is the Windows keyboard language set to US or US International?

My experience is that trying play/record music using the computer keyboard is very frustrating, it is much easier to use a proper USB MIDI controller such as those made by Akai, M-Audio, Novation - 49 keys are better than the 25 key versions, the 2 main advantages are you do not have to change octaves as much and playing chords is easier.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

justin-strickland wrote on 3/28/2018, 6:10 AM

Just US English. US international sometimes interferes with typing in Japanese.
However, that only adds functions to type things like é, ñ... instead of having to use the [alt]+(numeric value) doesn't change the actual keyboard layout.

Currently can't afford a keyboard that is of decent quality.