Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/4/2024, 4:16 AM

@Aubrey-Dallas

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

A "Computer ID" is required ONLY if the computer itself is not connected to the internet during registration of the software. It cannot be created or discovered by the user.

So, please tell us a lot more about exactly what you are doing to get this activation code. Does that code begin with P3? if so, it is a serial key and should be entered on the registration screen along with the email address used when you purchased the software. This address is the one which the Magix server has automatically linked to your account.

Or, do you have a voucher code, which will NOT begin with P3? If so, that must be redeemed as explained on this support page.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Aubrey-Dallas wrote on 3/5/2024, 2:24 PM

I was online when it asks for computer id. magix won't give me activation code without computer id? voucher code doesn't work it says error or wrong code? serial number works that's all. why all these keycodes its causing problems!? i had to buy magix cause my fruity loops studio won't unlock either it says error. magix says can't generate activation code, with error message. please help?

browj2 wrote on 3/5/2024, 3:17 PM

@Aubrey-Dallas

Hi,

serial number works that's all.

I have no idea what you are doing. Music Maker is free and has been for several versions. No computer id, activation code, or serial number is required.

Plus is an Edition that can only be activated once the program is installed. There is no separate program for Plus - only one version of the program, which is free. Editions are add-ons to the program, unlock some features, and may give you credits for stuff in the Store. Once the program is installed, you activate an Edition using a serial or activation code on the Welcome screen. And, you do it only once.

You say that the serial number works. Does it start with P3? If so, then you have no problem.

You do, however, have to be online and log in to make it works.

Where did you purchase the MM Plus 2023 Edition?

Watch this tutorial:

You can download and install Music Maker 2024 - for free from the Magix.com site - and then activate Plus 2023 Edition if it has not already been activated. Again, you have to be online and logged in to Magix using your account - email address/password.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2024, 3:47 AM

@Aubrey-Dallas

Hi

. . . . had to buy magix cause my fruity loops studio won't unlock either . . . .

As neither program will unlock, this would suggest that either:

• Your user account does not have Local Administrator privileges.

• The Antivirus (AV) program Folder /Ransomware protection feature is blocking the registration process.

Try temporarily disabling the AV to register/activate the software.

Note: if you are using a 3rd party AV then you will also need to disable the features in Microsoft Defender as this may become active when the 3rd party AV is disabled.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.