Computer ID incorrect (error message)

WILLIAM-STARKS wrote on 7/18/2021, 7:17 PM

Sound Forge version 7.0b (301), Win 7, X64 - YUP, I'm a dinosaur.
I lost the ability to save MP3's due to re-register error message. Each and every time I plug in the computer ID number into the Magix website, I'm told it's incorrect. After reading through the forum, I uninstalled SF, rebooted and re-installed SF using my reg key I've owned since 2004 along with downloading the installer file from the Magix D/L site. Now I can't even get the program to load up because it won't take the computer ID number. Anyone?

Comments

WILLIAM-STARKS wrote on 7/19/2021, 11:42 AM

I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled SF7 using the downloaded digital copy from Magix.
I'm still getting an invalid computer ID error. I've verified there is no leading or trailing space in the code provided. I'm using the same email.

rraud wrote on 7/19/2021, 12:15 PM

I assume you are using the online activation (the off-line method no longer works with Sony versions).
You can try contacting the Magix sales team email: infoservice@magix.net. Formally request a support ticket at Magix Customer Service.

WILLIAM-STARKS wrote on 7/19/2021, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I opened a ticket.

WILLIAM-STARKS wrote on 7/30/2021, 8:41 PM

Two plus weeks with this issue and here is the answer from Magix. Had I not uninstalled the program, I could still be using it just without the ability to make MP3's.

MAGIX Pro Support

Jul 29, 2021
to me

Hello,
thank you for your message.
I'm really sorry, this issue is unfortunately related to the age of the software. The servers it's trying to connect with have been deactivated for a few years now, and are no longer in control of Magix, so we can't do anything for the activation of this particular code.

You might also want to take a look at one of our newer programs. If you were experiencing a technical problem or lacking a feature in your older version, it is possible that the newer version will have resolved the issue. You can find free trial versions of most of our products on our website (www.magix.net) under the free download section: http://www.magix.com/gb/free-download/
As an existing customer, we'd be happy to offer an upgrade discount, should you wish to upgrade.

--
Best regards,
MAGIX Software GmbH
Name removed by Moderator, publication of which is forbidden by Community rules
Supportmanager
Berliner Str. 13
01067 Dresden - Germany

Last changed by emmrecs on 7/31/2021, 4:20 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Reason: To remove name of Magix personnel, publication of which is forbidden under Community rules

SP. wrote on 7/31/2021, 4:04 AM

@WILLIAM-STARKS That's really outrageous that your access to the software can easily taken away by disabling the license servers and then you need to buy the new version. In my opinion this is completely unacceptable.

emmrecs wrote on 7/31/2021, 4:24 AM

@WILLIAM-STARKS @SP.

My understanding is that those licence servers were "owned" by Sony. I suspect that it was Sony who deactivated them, a fact over which Magix has no control, though I do understand your annoyance.

However, as implied above, your anger should be directed at Sony, not Magix!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam