Comments

jeffjn wrote on 6/8/2013, 2:43 AM

I haven't tried it, but if I fully understand it's function, Video Pro x5 has a similar basic feature anyway - you can sync up two video tracks via their audio tracks. Align other audio objects with this track, from the video objects context menu.

This was one of the reasoons I bought VP X5. If you only want two camera multitrack, MEP 2013 has the same feature.

emmrecs wrote on 6/8/2013, 10:02 AM

I have used VPX5 with DualEyes (since PluralEyes was not then released for Windows OS.)  My project included two camera input (with audio on each) and two separate stereo audio recordings.  Putting the four files into DE and having it synchronise the audio was quite straightforward - one set of files for the project ran for 1 hour 5 minutes continuous but DE "adjusted" the audio files so that they matched perfectly with the camera audio for the entire 1 hour and 5 minutes.  Multicam editing in VPX and synchronising with the two independent audio files was thus VERY straighforward.

I now have PluralEyes but have not yet tested it fully with VPX.  However, I did put into it the two camera files mentioned above, together with the audio file which was a "mix" of the previously-two separate audio recordings, and PE successfully aligned all the files on its timeline.  What is not entirely clear is exactly how this would be transferred to VPX but I did not try to "Export" the file(s) from PE.

To jeffjn I would say the biggest "problem" with  synchronisation of "longer-length" multicam audio (perhaps with separate additional audio files, as in my case) is that the audio can "drift out of (lip-)sync".  DE and PE can automatically correct for this.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/8/2013, 10:02 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam