Choppy audio when saving files.

Docrox wrote on 12/29/2023, 6:45 AM

I recently purchased Sound Forge Pro Version 17.0.2 (build 109)

My system is Win 10, Asus Sabretooth M/B, AMD FX cpu, 16 Gb ram, a mix of HDD's (I have both mechanical and SSD).

The issue is when I try saving any file, I get a glitch within the first 10-15 seconds of the file. Sometimes it's a skip in the audio, other times it's almost like a dj scratch. It doesn't matter what file format I try to save.

Some things I've tried include:

Allotting a bigger buffer in the program (I've given it an 8Gb buffer)

I've installed an SSD just for use of the program, thinking maybe my issue is latency.

I'm using onboard audio, could this be my issue? Do I need a dedicated sound card? I will mention that in the past I was using Version 10 of the program and didn't have this issue.

Any help please? Thanks!

Comments

rraud wrote on 12/29/2023, 10:04 AM

Seasons Greetings and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Docrox, Change/experiment with the "Playback buffering" setting in Sound Forge (Options> Preferences> Audio).
A 'garden variety' internal soundcard usually works well in SF, Either the MS Sound Mapper or the Windows Classic Wave Driver audio device are usually trouble free.

Docrox wrote on 12/29/2023, 12:28 PM

Thank you so much! I played with the buffer a little more and it took care of the issue.