Channel Converter user preset not showing from Batch convert

davcis wrote on 8/10/2024, 2:13 PM

Hi,

I'm using Sound Forge pro 18 suite. Need to convert a huge amount of files recorded with the Rodecaster Pro. This are 14 channel wav files and I need to extract certain channels as individual mono files.

The process works with individual files. I have even created user presets for the Channel Converter tool to extract each of the channels that I have in mind.

The problem is that, when I want to use the Batch convert, and I load all the files (mor than 100), and add the Channel Converter to process all these files, neither can I select the user profile I created, nor can I manually set it up, because the 14 channels do not appear in the settings of the effect.

Any idea on how to proceed?

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/11/2024, 10:41 AM

Hi @davcis, can you convert the poly files in legacy versions of the SF BC? If so, notify support of this SFP-18 issue.

davcis wrote on 8/11/2024, 11:52 AM

How can I try in a legacy version? Should I install SF14?

rraud wrote on 8/11/2024, 6:00 PM

Sure, try SF-14 if you have it. I am not sure about your particular batch job though in any version.

You can have multiple versions of Sound Forge installed and activated on the same PC without issue.

Former user wrote on 8/12/2024, 9:53 AM

@davcis, All custom presets does not appear in SF BC in all version. SF BC was carried over from Sony SF to Magix v14. Devs changed the interface of BC in v15 which is buggy. One bug I discovered is when you set up the Effect and use any Ozone plug-in and Edit it, no matter what module you choose may it be Factory or Custom Preset the Preset will always display "Bright Song.vstpreset".

Some Ozone modules works properly with Batch Converter in SF14. Some couldn't be changed.

As @rraud suggested you need to contact support. I don't use BC that much. Never reported this bug and besides I'm quite frustrated with support.

davcis wrote on 8/14/2024, 5:30 AM

@rraud I found another app to do the job (Wave Agent), so, I'm not gonna install an older SF.

@Former user I already asked for support to Magix, but, so far, I just got som automatic suggestions that have nothing to do with the issue.

The thing is that it is, at least, unfortunate to have a great application like SF that can't get the job done.

tx