Comments

SP. wrote on 7/17/2024, 3:25 PM

@Alex-Kirkwood If you use Magix Vita Instruments you can right click on the controls and map them to a MIDI CC. You can then draw the CC curve values in the MIDI Editor. This will make the controls move during playback.

Alternatively, if you have a MIDI keyboard or another controller with knobs and faders, you can enable MIDI learn in the right click menu of a control and then wiggle the knob or fader. This will map both together. You can then remote control the instrument. The movement will be recorded if you record MIDI.

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/19/2024, 2:28 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood If you use Magix Vita Instruments you can right click on the controls and map them to a MIDI CC. You can then draw the CC curve values in the MIDI Editor. This will make the controls move during playback.

Alternatively, if you have a MIDI keyboard or another controller with knobs and faders, you can enable MIDI learn in the right click menu of a control and then wiggle the knob or fader. This will map both together. You can then remote control the instrument. The movement will be recorded if you record MIDI.

Hello. I'm struggling to follow your instructions. If you could upload some screenshot I would be very grateful indeed

SP. wrote on 7/19/2024, 3:25 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood Open the MIDI Editor of your recorded MIDI and make sure the curve editor is visible:

Next, resize the curve editor area, so all tools are visible:

Next, you can find three tools on the left. Select, draw, and draw line (1,2,3) to draw values (in area 6). You can display up to four curves at once (4). Simply change a visible curve via the combo box (6). You can then map the curve to the control of a Vita Instrument. Simply right click on the control and select the curve under MIDI ctrl #.

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/19/2024, 7:51 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood Open the MIDI Editor of your recorded MIDI and make sure the curve editor is visible:

Next, resize the curve editor area, so all tools are visible:

Next, you can find three tools on the left. Select, draw, and draw line (1,2,3) to draw values (in area 6). You can display up to four curves at once (4). Simply change a visible curve via the combo box (6). You can then map the curve to the control of a Vita Instrument. Simply right click on the control and select the curve under MIDI ctrl #.

Thank you very much for this clear explanation. I'll have a go when I get back to the house and let you know how I get on

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/20/2024, 2:16 AM

I have done this but there is no difference to the sound

SP. wrote on 7/20/2024, 2:27 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood Did you map CC 74 to the control you want to change during playback via the right click menu?

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/20/2024, 2:43 AM

When I hover the mouse over the 74, there is no right click menu

SP. wrote on 7/20/2024, 2:55 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood I'm talking about the control in the Vita Instrument, for example:

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/20/2024, 3:23 AM

Ah, but how do I link it to my graph I created?

SP. wrote on 7/20/2024, 3:31 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood You need to select number 74. It looks like you selected 3 and 127.

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/20/2024, 3:57 AM

Ah I got you! I thought these were frequency numbers or something. Now I know!

Alex-Kirkwood wrote on 7/20/2024, 5:14 AM

Can you control volume in this way too?

SP. wrote on 7/20/2024, 5:58 AM

@Alex-Kirkwood Yes, I think that will also work. First try MIDI CC 7. This is the standard volume curve. That might be mapped automatically to the instruments volume. If not, do it via a right click on the volume knob at the top grey bar of the instruments user interface.

Additionally, you can add a volume curve to the whole track via the FX button in the track header. That way you don't need to do it for every MIDI object.