Change folder for templates

dirk-saeys wrote on 8/26/2021, 1:15 AM

Hi, I just purchased the upgrade to Photostory deluxe V22 and before starting the installation I wanted to remove the previous installation as it was installed on my SSD and space is limited. I cleaned up my machine as much as possible (de-installed, removed MAGIX dfolders in the user & other areas manually , even cleaned registry) and started the installation. I choose custom install as I wanted to change the path of the Templates but unfortunately the option is greyed out.(see below) Anybody knows how to enable the selection?. Thx

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/26/2021, 5:51 AM

@dirk-saeys

Unfortunately, I don't think you can change that location! Where the program files are installed is user-selectable (I have a dedicated Programs drive, D:\) but I think these "support" files must be where the program wishes to install them to.

Other user will no doubt reply if they know of any way to achieve what you are seeking to do!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

dirk-saeys wrote on 8/26/2021, 6:36 AM

Thx,
It is OK now .. a more deep cleanup of the registry fixed the problem. I removed the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\MAGIX key from the registry and this enabled the option to change the folder path for templates during the install