Cant reinstall, only remove shows and account already exists - Error

siivet wrote on 6/4/2021, 3:13 PM

Hello, so, Reinstalled Magix Music Maker Premium 2021, but while trying to reinstall it shows only rmeove, when I press remove it then shows up a pop up stating, account already exists and an error 1603.

I searched for a solution and did updates and provided system rights but still same error and Can't reinstall it.

Anyone has any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/4/2021, 3:25 PM

@siivet I would guess that there are some broken entries in your Windows registry that you need to delete. You can use a free tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove Music Maker from your computer. Revo Unistaller will look for registry entries that are left behind and helps you to delete these entries. After you have done this, reinstalling should work fine.

siivet wrote on 6/4/2021, 4:02 PM

@siivet I would guess that there are some broken entries in your Windows registry that you need to delete. You can use a free tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove Music Maker from your computer. Revo Unistaller will look for registry entries that are left behind and helps you to delete these entries. After you have done this, reinstalling should work fine.

The thing is that it was already uninstalled with Revo, plus I went to registry and deleted all entries i could see, since that was my first thought also, I'm doublechecking it to see if any might have escaped the unninstall.

johnebaker wrote on 6/5/2021, 3:35 AM

@siivet

Hi

A 1603 error means there is a run permissions error or the Temp folder access permissions are incorrect or blocked.

Check the following:

1. a Windows update waiting to complete - do a full restart of the computer - Windows icon, Power Icon, Restart

2. your Antivirus is not blocking the installer - try turning off the Folder protection/Real time protection/Ransomware features and then install - this is a known issue with some AV programs.

. . . . plus I went to registry and deleted all entries i could see . . . .

Did you not use the scan registry and folders feature of Revo to do this - the dialogs to do the scans appear after the the initial uninstall completed?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 6/5/2021, 3:36 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

siivet wrote on 6/5/2021, 4:49 PM

@siivet

Hi

A 1603 error means there is a run permissions error or the Temp folder access permissions are incorrect or blocked.

Check the following:

1. a Windows update waiting to complete - do a full restart of the computer - Windows icon, Power Icon, Restart

2. your Antivirus is not blocking the installer - try turning off the Folder protection/Real time protection/Ransomware features and then install - this is a known issue with some AV programs.

. . . . plus I went to registry and deleted all entries i could see . . . .

Did you not use the scan registry and folders feature of Revo to do this - the dialogs to do the scans appear after the the initial uninstall completed?

John EB
Forum Moderator

So It seems like some regestry entries were left, deleted them manually and everything is installed now, except SoundForge that gives exactly the same error when trying to install.