cant install soundforge to new computer

Duane-Packer wrote on 5/11/2022, 7:42 PM

Purchased Upgraded to soundforge 16 today and cant install to new computer running windows 10 64bit
also went into my history and tried all the other versions such as 12,13,14 that i have purchased in the past
The file downloads ok, when I go to install it extracts and says starting installation, a black box pops up for a millisecond then nothing..

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/12/2022, 2:59 AM

@Duane-Packer This Sounds like your Windows installation on your new computer is incomplete or its security mechanisms block the installation.

First, install the C++ Redistributables from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 Start with the newest version and try installing Sound Forge again. If this doesn't help, try the next older version.

If this doesn't help, then try to disable your firewall or Windows Defender temporarily.

Duane-Packer wrote on 5/12/2022, 10:44 AM

"install the C++ Redistributables from here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170 Start with the newest version and try installing Sound Forge again. If this doesn't help, try the next older version."

Tried both these options, also install as admin and tried from safe mode
still no luck

rraud wrote on 5/12/2022, 11:30 AM

Hi @Duane-Packer,

tried all the other versions such as 12,13,14 that i have purchased in the past

Are you stating that they will not install or run either?

Do the unpacked files for SF-16 appear in your 'Documents> Magix downloads' folder. If so, launch the pertinent <.exe file(s) and install from there.
If the files did not unpack successfully, we can send you a link to download the unpacked <.exe> file(s) upon request via WeTransfer .

Duane-Packer wrote on 5/12/2022, 1:28 PM

Thank you, even though there is a folder called Magix Downloads in documents there is nothing in the folder so I would say no they dont appear

rraud wrote on 5/12/2022, 3:42 PM

Confirm what version you have an I will post the unpacked files asap

Duane-Packer wrote on 5/12/2022, 6:11 PM

Thank you, just purchased the version 16 but would also like to use the version 14

rraud wrote on 5/13/2022, 11:08 AM

Did you purchase Sound Forge Pro 16 or Audio Studio 16 ? Same with SF-14... Pro or Audio Studio. You will still need to use your serial code(s) to activate. The serials are also unique, a serial from SF-16 will not activate SF-14 or other version #. The same goes for Pro and AS, a 'Pro' serial will not activate 'AS' or visa-versa.

Duane-Packer wrote on 5/13/2022, 11:46 AM

sorry for not being specific, I purchased sound forge pro 16 and same with sound forge pro 14..I have all the serial codes so that isnt a problem. Thank you for your help with this!

rraud wrote on 5/13/2022, 2:06 PM

PM sent SFP 14 &16