Cannot save the recordings from an LP.

Gary-Buck wrote on 3/20/2022, 9:18 PM

I record the songs, enter the album and song titles, choose a location then hit next. Nothing happens! The progress meter just sits there at 0% complete. What is the solution?

Update: I can save in wave format only. Cannot save the file in any MP3 format. Why not?

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/20/2022, 9:23 PM

@Gary-Buck Cloud be caused by your firewall. Run the program as administrator by right clicking on the program icon or disable your firewall or create a new rule in the firewall settings that allows Sound Forge to access your hard drive. Maybe on of these things will help.

Gary-Buck wrote on 3/20/2022, 9:56 PM

These two ideas did not solve the issue. Thanks

rraud wrote on 3/21/2022, 9:07 AM

What version of Sound Forge? Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

How is the source audio (from the LP) getting to your PC?
You state that recording is not possible, then state that it cannot be saved as a MP3. Are these two separate issues?
When the MP3 codec does not function, resetting Sound Forge has been known to be a remedy.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Gary-Buck

Gary-Buck wrote on 7/2/2022, 10:17 PM

My version is 16.0. I Just installed an update and hoped it would solve the issue. I am recording to PC through mic input which works great. I am forced to save the recordings as waves then convert each one to MP3 individually. Not sure what you mean by "resetting" sound forge.

SP. wrote on 7/3/2022, 1:37 AM

@Gary-Buck You can reset the program settings in the File menu or by holding CTRL and SHIFT and double clicking on the program icon.