Cannot save as MP3

ScoobyRay wrote on 5/16/2021, 7:04 AM

I have the Music Maker 2020 Hip Hop Beat Producer edition which I received as part of a humble bundle. Initially I was unable to get the 3 hip hop sound pools, so have subscribed to the Music Unlimited tracks package, however I am unable to save any file as an MP3, and it tells me I have to upgrade? Have I done something wrong or is that feature not available in this version?

Looking in About Music Maker, it shows the following details:-

Version 29.0.6.38

Music Maker (64 Bit)

Windows 10 laptop, 16gb ram

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/16/2021, 8:18 AM

@ScoobyRay

Since you now have version 29.0.6.38, that is actually Music Maker 2021. When you chose to update (not upgrade) your 2020 version to 2021, (assuming you did not pay to make the change) the update gave you the Free variant of MM, and it does not include the facility to save or export as .mp3, sorry.

Because version 29 is the first 64 bit release of the program, Magix views it as a new program, thus requiring the user to buy the upgrade if you wish to use anything other than the rather limited free, basic version. It is possible to buy additional features, like the More Tracks and Features add-on which, as well as permitting the user to access more than 8 tracks at a time, also, I think, allows you to save mp3s but, in the long run, if you are likely to want to add even more features in the future it is almost always cheaper to buy the Premium variant upgrade and this have access to the greatest number of features of the program for one single payment.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Graham-Hawker wrote on 5/16/2021, 8:28 AM

The Hip Hop edition is the free version plus a few soundpools and instruments and no other features so I guess wouldn't support MP3 export either.

ScoobyRay wrote on 5/16/2021, 9:23 AM

Cheers everyone, just bought the files and formats addon. Thanks again