Cannot remember how to permanently import soundpools

JayGee716 wrote on 10/18/2017, 9:46 PM

I just reinstalled MMM 2013 Premium and went through the process of clicking "Add", selecting the Soundpool directory, then clicking OK. Everything imported just fine.

It was late, I was tired, so I shut everything down and went to bed. Tonight I had a few minutes and was going to play around a bit with the app but when it loaded, no soundpools! Well, that's not strictly true, there were a couple.

All my Soundpools (some 60 GB worth) are stored on a local HDD. Because of space limitations on my primary SSD, I installed MMM on the same drive with the Soundpools. Other than being unable to "embed" the files within the app, everything else works perfectly.

Here are my System Specs:

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz    26 °C
    Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H110M-E/M.2 (LGA1151)    28 °C
Graphics
    VA2855 SERIESìÝ<)é (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ASUStek Computer Inc)    35 °C
Storage
    238GB SAMSUNG MZHPV256HDGL-000H1 (SSD)    34 °C
    1863GB Hitachi HUA723020ALA641 (SATA)    36 °C
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (SATA)    30 °C
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B2 (SATA)    39 °C
Optical Drives
    DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device
    DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device
    ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40

Thanks!!

Comments

daeell29-ukysse wrote on 10/19/2017, 4:28 AM

Maybe a beginning of solution :

in the past , i had several different versions of MMM : oneof them was the premium , and on was the free version from last year

There was a conflict to deal soundppols between the different versions :

when i was launching the free version , exiting , and launching the premium version , it deletes my soundpools i have got previously ( the files stay in the disk )

Maybe you could uncheck in the setting of ALL versions of Magix , in the menu "file/settings/program settings" tab "general" the checkbox "check at the program start" . But it will have the disavandtage to ot be refreshed if you modify your soundpool or add other soundpools

You could try to keep a backup od the file "SoundPoolDB.dat" who contains the infos of the soundpools in the folders ( this file is a text file format )

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Common\Database

or

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Common

In the elder versions of Magix there is a binary file magix.fdb who has the same role and who is in the folder C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\Common\Database

JayGee716 wrote on 10/19/2017, 6:15 PM

Thanks! I'll try those so I can be prepared for future reference. I'm kind of in the same boat as I have a half dozen versions of music maker on my computer although 2013 is the only one currently installed.

I just built my new machine about 6 months ago and am still trying to find stuff. So to make matters worse, I just stumbled across another 70+ GB of soundpools in yet another directory.

So I think before I do too much else, I need to centralize everything to see if I have duplicates, etc., then go from there.

JayGee716 wrote on 10/21/2017, 2:10 PM

Being as I've only played around with MMM for the last 5 or 6 years and I'm now presented with a paying project for which to actually produce something, I've decided to start with a clean slate, so to speak.

I developed and maintain the web site for the municipality where we live. I also am the official photographer for every event. I've been using Photobucket.com to store all our pics and to embed slideshows on our site.

Photobucket has become impossible to deal with and, while thinking about a decent alternative, Movie Edit Pro came to mind. I'd only ever used it, sadly, for the memoriam videos for all my family members. Now I'm the last one.

But I gave it a shot mixing images and video and found it to be so much easier than any photo hosting site. My only problem is music because of copyright issues. Every single one of my videos was flagged.

Back to the clean slate statement, I got an upgrade offer on MMM 2018 Premium. Since the municipality sprung for the latest version of MEP, I figured I'd buy Music Maker Premium. All the bonus soundpools, collections, and instruments made it well worth even the low upgrade price.

Now, I'm installing the bonus materials while moving all my existing sound pool collections (9 thru 19 plus others I picked up along the way) to one 2 TB HDD.

Then I just have to get my MIDI keyboard configured and maybe I can start to get all my original music out of my head and in .mp3 format.

I have another question about all the Vita instruments I have from previous versions and how to get them into the new app. If I can't figure out how to do it I'll post a new thread.

Thanks again for the help!

daeell29-ukysse wrote on 10/22/2017, 1:37 AM

You are welcome :) 😄