Cannot Register Updated Sound Forge Pro 14

Richard-Hay wrote on 3/22/2021, 11:13 AM

I have Vegas 365 and just updated the programs. But none of the serial numbers I have are working to activate Sound Forge Pro. How do I get the serial number from Magix (I've tried the serial number under "my products" for Vegas 365 but it doesn't work, nor does the Sound Forge serial number included in the email after my original purchase over a year ago).

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/22/2021, 11:27 AM

@Richard-Hay

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Is this an update to a new build of SF Pro version 14 or is it an upgrade to version 14, or even 15? Updates are free within the period of the 12 months Update Service; outside that period updates and upgrades need to be purchased, I believe. IOW, I think you need to buy a new SF Pro serial key. Vegas 365 may have included SF Pro when you first bought it but whether it still does some time later I somehow doubt, sorry!

You need to email infoservice@magix.net and ask.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 3/22/2021, 11:31 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Richard-Hay.

Are you using the same email address when it that was used when it was initially registered? You may have to deactivate the current version, as only one (1) version can be activated at a time. You can change the activations in the Magix Service Center.

Otherwise, you can file a support request with Magix Customer Service or email them, infoservice@magix.net .

Richard-Hay wrote on 3/22/2021, 11:40 AM

Thank you for the input. I tried deactivating the prior Sound Forge product, but the serial number still didn't work. I believe they upgraded from one version of Sound Forge to Sound Forge Pro with the latest Vegas 365 update. However, they did not send me a new serial number and the prior one does not work. I have submitted a ticket with Customer Support and the "answer" links they sent me were not helpful. My issue has apparently now been forwarded to a technician. I'm hoping they can help because it's not good to offer a subscription product where you pay a significant amount each year, only to have the upgraded products not work.

Richard-Hay wrote on 3/22/2021, 11:43 AM

emm/recs - if you are correct that they include the upgraded SF Pro (new version) in the installation but require the purchase of a new serial number, then I think it's misleading to claim this is part of Vegas 365 and will certainly cause me to consider this subscription service misleading and over priced.

rraud wrote on 3/22/2021, 1:07 PM

SF 365 is a subscription version, when the subscription runs out. it stops, just like a magazine subscription, and it must be renewed to continue.
It may need a different serial code though going to SF-15 which should have been given to you if your subscription is current.

Richard-Hay wrote on 3/22/2021, 1:48 PM

rraud - I understand and I just paid the annual subscription renewal about a month ago. That's why I'm frustrated not to get the programs that are advertised as being included in the subscription. I got the download, but no serial number and that's what my original question was about. I would think that that subscription should include ALL the elements that are advertised as being part of the subscription. Seems obvious enough to me.

rraud wrote on 3/22/2021, 3:11 PM

It appears the Sound Forge Pro third-party plug-ins (iZ Ozone and RX Elements, for instance) are included with SF-365. The SF-365 Pro Suite includes more plug-ins, but the basic SF Pro host app is the same for all SF Pro versions.
No one here is on the Magix staff, so email Magix Customer Service for a definitive answer and update the thread for others.
infoservice@magix.net

Richard-Hay wrote on 3/22/2021, 3:42 PM

rraud - as stated before, I did send an inquiry to magix and they said they have sent it to a technician. With Vegas 365, when you run the update, it downloads all the updated programs (in my case, it took me from Vegas 17 to Vegas 18). The SF Pro downloads were included, but when I opened the program it requested the serial number and none of the serial numbers I have work for this program. It seems to be a glitch in their rollout. Had I allowed 365 to lapse and then signed up for it again at some point, it's likely they would've sent me updated serial numbers for all the programs. It just makes a repeat user of the subscription service to feel like most cell phone owners (except for AT&T) where the new people get all the updated goodies but loyal subscribers have to pay full price.

rraud wrote on 3/22/2021, 6:12 PM

If you got SF Pro with the Vegas Pro package. the SFP third-party plug-ins are not included on the non-subscription version, so that may be the same with 365.