Cannot install registered product on new computer

Henrik-- wrote on 4/30/2022, 5:56 AM

I bought a new computer, (PC Windows 10), and tried to install 'Acid Music Studio 11' with the serial number that I received, together with my e-mail address. The message that comes up is:

'This serial number has already been registered to another e-mail address. Please contact MAGIX support. Error code: -24.'

Even though I have already registered the product once I cannot find it under 'My Products', which means that I cannot deactivate the previous installation.

How can this be fixed?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/30/2022, 6:08 AM

@Henrik-- If you cannot find it, you used a different e-mail address in the past. You need to use the exact same e-mail address to unlock it again.

Henrik-- wrote on 5/1/2022, 9:30 AM

@Henrik-- If you cannot find it, you used a different e-mail address in the past. You need to use the exact same e-mail address to unlock it again.

I know. The e-mail address that was used to register the product is no longer valid. I would like to submit a new one, how do I do this?

SP. wrote on 5/1/2022, 9:34 AM

@Henrik-- You can still use your old e-mail address even if you cannot access it anymore. You can change it in your user account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ You should have done that instead of creating a new account. If you want to combine them you need to ask customer service at infoservice@magix.net to merge your old account and your current account into one.

Henrik-- wrote on 5/1/2022, 9:42 AM

@Henrik-- You can still use your old e-mail address even if you cannot access it anymore. You can change it in your user account at https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ You should have done that instead of creating a new account. If you want to combine them you need to ask customer service at infoservice@magix.net to merge your old account and your current account into one.

I do not appreciate the tone in the previous answer. I have now e-mailed your customer service, asking them to merge my accounts. It is weird that something as simple as re-installing a product from you should become this difficult. There is literally no other company that uses the same system as you when it comes to this matter. Perhaps it is time for an update.

SP. wrote on 5/1/2022, 9:47 AM

@Henrik-- It's not my company. 😉 This is a user forum. We are just users like you. Magix does not participate in solving problems in this forum.

Henrik-- wrote on 5/1/2022, 4:23 PM

So all of this have been for nothing. All answers have been useless and the people responsible have not been reached. No help at all, as to be expected from any and all forums.

SP. wrote on 5/1/2022, 11:40 PM

@Henrik-- Like I already wrote, enter your old e-mail address and the serial number into the window that opens on program start-up and it will work without error 24.

In case you contacted support, Magix customer support doesn't work during the weekend, which is usual for Germany. Just be patient and wait some days until they respond.

emmrecs wrote on 5/2/2022, 3:46 AM

@Henrik--

First, please remember these are user to user forums and there are no Magix staff here.

If all of this has been for nothing (as you write) then that is a shame, but it is only the case if you have not carefully re-read everything that @SP. has suggested to you.

You can change your registered email address by following exactly the process which @SP. described, which, for absolute clarity, I will restate here:

1. Go to your Magix account.
  2. Log in, using your old email address.
  3. Go to User data and change your email address to whatever is now the correct one.
  4. Save the changes and close the account page.
  5. Allow a few minutes and then try again to activate your software.

One further suggestion: since you will now have two accounts you should also email infoservice@magix.net, explain what has happened and ask that they combine your two existing accounts into one.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/2/2022, 3:47 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam