Cannot install Music Maker Premium Edition

Ryan-sw wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:06 AM

When installing Music Maker it shows an installation error: An error occurred during transfer which caused the installation to stop. This problem can most likely be fixed by restarting the transfer of the installer application." This is a continuous loop and I cannot get past it.

I've tried installing from the disc as well as the website, same error.

Windows 10 Pro i5 8gb ram laptop, ensured all windows updates and driver updates are all up to date but still no luck.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:33 AM

@Ryan-sw

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

You mention installing from disc so exactly which version of MM Premium is this?

The problem of the download being stopped or interrupted is almost always caused by your antivirus/firewall, especially Windows Defender, blocking the downloaded files accessing folders they need to use as a temporary store. In this situation, try turning off your av/firewall whilst the download and install is running. Just don't forget to restart them after everything is successfully installed.

Also, recent Windows Updates have introduced a "feature" called Protected Folders. You may also need to temporarily turn this off to allow the download and install to proceed.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ryan-sw wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:38 AM

Hi @emmrecs

I forgot to mention I already disabled the antivirus and firewall and still didn't work. I managed to install it successfully on two other devices WITH firewall enabled still. I've tried this installation on different networks and still can't get it to install.

SP. wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:50 AM

@Ryan-sw It's just a guess on my side but maybe it helps if you install or enable Microsofts DotNet Framework 3.5

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows

emmrecs wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:54 AM

@Ryan-sw

Thanks for the additional information, but which version? And did you check the Protected Folders setting? Please do try to answer all the questions asked of you; doing so means that we, fellow-users, do not have to try and guess what is happening for you. 😇😇

You say you installed it on two other devices. I assume you mean two other computers? If so, and it is registered to those computers, I doubt you will be able to install it on a third. Also, what do you mean by I've tried this installation on different networks?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ryan-sw wrote on 11/1/2021, 4:59 AM

@emmrecs no I didn't complete the installation on them, I just tested it to confirm it will get past the error (which it did). I haven't checked the protected folders setting because I didn't need to on the other two laptops, as for the version I can only say Music Maker Premium edition, as it's not my product it's for a client so I don't have it to hand anymore so I'd have to ask them.