Cannot install initial add-on software, i.e. vst files

John-Bergmann wrote on 10/19/2023, 2:57 PM

After my first attempt at new install of Samplitude, when it got to the install add-on files, it downloaded the first one, and then failed any other files. I've uninstalled and re-installed twice and it seems something in the registry or somewhere is "remembering" the failed paths and/or files. I cannot get past this and will ask for my money back if I cannot resolve this.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/19/2023, 5:05 PM

@John-Bergmann Be aware this is a user forum and we are all users like you and no Magix staff is active here.

If the download doesn't work try to restart your computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

If something gets blocked, it is recommended to temporarily disable your firewall or Windows Defender. This will often help.

To uninstall additional content open Windows Apps and Features and uninstall Magix Content and Soundpools. This will open a menu where you can select which content you want to uninstall. You can then redownload and reinstall it from the Help menu.

browj2 wrote on 10/19/2023, 10:57 PM

@John-Bergmann

Hi,

I don't understand. Your second image shows a project with objects in the arranger. There should be nothing. Try starting a new project upon opening Samplitude and then downloading and installing the additional content.

Any success with this?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

John-Bergmann wrote on 10/21/2023, 11:44 AM

@SP. Thank you for helping. When I looked for Magix Content and Soundpools in my apps and features (WIN 11), I cannot find it. I only show Magix Samplitude and the Speed Burn apps.

@browj2 When I've attempted to re-install the downloadable content, it seems to indicate (blue checkmarks) that they have already been downloaded and installed. However, when I simply try to load and play the demos, the VST instrument demo sends all instruments to piano, and the song demo is missing a bunch of the VST instruments. So, it feels like I've not got the full downloads. The first error dialog says I don't have the VST Master. Also, when I re-attempt download/install it just sits there "forever" on the first one in the list with a "pause" (II) icon to the left of the first VST, no percent progress, just sits there and flickers.

I'm a bit frustrated that a total uninstall/reinstall does not seem to help. And I've even used my uninstaller program (Ashampoo) to try to "clean up" leftovers, and it still seems to "remember" my partially installed VST downloads.

Not sure what to attempt next.

SP. wrote on 10/21/2023, 11:57 AM

@John-Bergmann The demo are showing missing instruments because it looks like you've never downloaded them. That would also explain, why you cannot see Magix Content and Soundpools.

If the download pauses this is caused by some Windows security setting, be it the firewall, antivirus, smart app control etc. Or your Windows user account has not enough privileges. Have you tried running Samplitude as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

John-Bergmann wrote on 10/21/2023, 4:17 PM

@SP. and browj2

You guys rock! Thank you so much for your help! You nailed the problem. Once I check my logs in Win11 security (a bit paranoid for a default), it shows that it "protected" me by blocking Magix Samplitude from writing to the InstallationManager folder. Overrode this and now things seem to be downloading/installing fine. Will let you know if fully successful. Thanks again! :-)