Cannot get both Music Maker sound and computer sound working

Christopher-Horrigan wrote on 1/4/2022, 3:32 PM

I have not been able to figure out an audio setup that allows me to hear all of Music Maker without also making audio stop working on other applications such as my web browser.

If I use the Magix ASIO driver, I just get no sound out of MM.

If I use Wave Driver or Direct sound, I can hear the tracks in the editor but I cannot hear Beatbox. Chrome sound still works.

If I use the WASAPI Driver, MM sound works perfectly (including Beatbox, this is the only setting where Beatbox works) but it breaks everything else on my computer.

I just tried setting device mode to shared instead of exclusive, and this makes me unable to select my speaker (Realtek Audio) for the WASAPI Driver (it immediately switches back to None the moment I click my speaker in the dropdown).

Any advice on how to solve this, or at least what I can do to debug it?

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/4/2022, 6:55 PM

@Christopher-Horrigan This is how the Magix Low Latency ASIO driver works. It uses your audio device exclusively. But you can use a different ASIO driver like the FL Studio ASIO driver. Just download and install the free demo version of FL Studio which also installs the FL Studio ASIO driver. This driver allows multiple programs to access your audio device. Or you can get an external USB audio interface with its own ASIO driver. For example a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. This is recommended.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/5/2022, 2:04 AM

If you use Magix Low Latency or other ASIO driver you should click the advanced settings and make sure outputs are selected for use.

Christopher-Horrigan wrote on 1/5/2022, 8:40 AM

The FL Studio ASIO Driver solution worked. It didn't at first, but closing MM, running FL, closing FL, and re-running MM I found the sound check succeeded with the FL Studio driver and all my computer sounds work too. That was glitchy and weird, but I think I'm good now. Thanks!