Cannot find hotkeys config after upgrading from SF12 to SF13

Paul-Webster wrote on 4/25/2021, 9:46 AM

As part of my workflow I need to be able to trigger recording from hotkeys while in a different application to SF, I did this in 12 with a custom hotkey I can not however find how to configure it in SF13.

Could someone point out where the configuration item can be located or alternatively how to start SF13 recording based on some other event (that has to be triggerable while SF is not the active program)

Comments

rraud wrote on 4/25/2021, 10:09 AM

welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Paul-Webster.

Sound Forge Pro or Audio Studio?
Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

Paul-Webster wrote on 4/30/2021, 4:58 AM

welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @Paul-Webster.

Sound Forge Pro or Audio Studio?
Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.

My fault! SF Pro13 build 135 64bit

Paul-Webster wrote on 4/30/2021, 11:38 AM

They are indeed but they only function when sound forge pro is the active application I want the shortcuts to be able to trigger it when it is not the active application, say for instance I am in a game or so and wish to begin recording

rraud wrote on 4/30/2021, 11:49 AM

Hi @Paul-Webster, Sound Forge shortcuts (keyboard or toolbar) will not work unless SF is the active application.
FWIW, the 'remote record' option, that was removed in SFP-11 was brought back in SF-15.

Otherwise, keyboard shortcuts are the same in most of the SF Pro versions. For Sound Forge Pro 11 and later, the defaults are:
Record Options/Meter window: Ctrl+Alt+5
Arm (record ready): Ctrl+Shift+A **
Record: Ctrl+R

** you may not see any activity unless the 'Record Options' window is open.

Paul-Webster wrote on 4/30/2021, 12:17 PM

They do in 12 (non pro) so where has that functionality gone?

This is also kind of required for my workflow.

Though if 15 allows remote record perhaps there is a way to trigger it via that interface, but quite a price kick

rraud wrote on 4/30/2021, 4:57 PM

AFAIK, SF Audio Studio-15 also has the remote record window.

I was not aware 'record' could be initiated in AS-12 when it is not the selected app. Does it have to be armed first?

Paul-Webster wrote on 5/1/2021, 1:13 PM

Nope I still have it installed on my laptop I will shoot a quick youtube video of the feature and link it in, I found it very handy - it is also shared with audacity that has the same feature