Cannot drag and drop audio files

amy-k wrote on 7/21/2023, 6:11 PM

Hello
I am using Acid Pro 11.0.2 64bit on Windows 10

I am no longer able to drag and drop audio files. WAV or MP3, it doesn't matter the extension, I receive a circle with a line through it symbolizing that the file is not being dropped in.  

Please help, this makes the software barely usable since I have to manually click file > Open and then drop down through an extensive tree of folders on my computer which is taking a ton of time and making this completely unenjoyable. I have been using ACID since version 1 and have never ran into this.  I have tried launching ACID and "run as administrator" and this did not fix it. I have been using this version of the software for a year or two with no issues until today.  Nothing has changed on my computer, nothing has been installed or altered in the ACID settings. I literally launched ACID and went to drag and drop in a loop that was a WAV and was unable to.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/21/2023, 6:23 PM

@amy-k If you run any program as administrator Windows will automatically block drag and drop for security reasons so you cannot drag and drop infected or manipulated files into an administrator context.

To me it looks like that ACID runs as administrator even if you don't manually start it in this mode.

You might try to restart your computer. Make sure to select Restart and not Shut down. Then try again to start ACID normally and try to drag and drop files.

amy-k wrote on 7/21/2023, 6:33 PM

Thanks for your quick reply! Some of my software all the functions don't work unless I run as admin... sometimes I run acid as admin and sometimes I don't. And now I never will again haha..because that was the fix for this issue! No drag and drop if launched as 'run as admin'. Thank you!!