Comments

rraud wrote on 7/21/2022, 5:20 PM

Hi @charles-clanton and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.

If you purchased the boxed version the activation serial should be printed on the disc's case. If downloaded, Best Buy should have given you a voucher to redeem at Magix's Service Center to get the permanent activation serial code.
Go to https://www.magix.com/redeem/ and enter the voucher code. Magix will then email your SF serial code for registration and activation.

Once you get the serial, keep it in a safe place along with the email address you used in registration as they are paired. If you need to activate SF on another PC, you will need both the serial and the registered email address.

charles-clanton wrote on 8/16/2022, 3:19 PM

I haven't had time to devote to the problem, but it is still not corrected. I really want the software to work, and I'm willing to purchase the Soundforge software directly from Magix. I am afraid that if I purchase it directly from Magix and I have another problem, that I won't be able to get any assistance. Can anyone give me any assurance that if I re-purchase the software, this time from Magix and not Best Buy, that if I run into another problem, like the one I'm currently experiencing where I have purchased the software and I can't get it to load/work, that I can either get some actual assistance or get my money back?

Thank you

SP. wrote on 8/16/2022, 3:40 PM

@charles-clanton If you can install and unlock the 30 days free trial version from Magix.com with a trial serial number you should also be able to register your product just fine. If you get the error -58 here too, there is possibly something wrong with your computer. Could be a firewall setting or something with the privilege settings of your Windows user account.

You can request a trial serial number in the same activation window of your software where your Best Buy serial number didn't work. If it works fine, maybe the serial number from Best Buy is broken.

rraud wrote on 8/16/2022, 4:54 PM

@charles-clanton, as was probably already stated, with the voucher code Best Buy should have gave you, you redeem that on the Magix website ( http://www.magix.com/redeem ), then Magix emails you the actual activation code. It is a an additional step and a little confusing, which is why I usually recommend purchasing directly from Magix.
if you still wish to try the Best Buy voucher:
1: Go to  https://www.magix.com/redeem/
- Created a MAGIX account if do not have one already. If you already have an account with MAGIX, you wish to use, log in and go to step 3

2: Create a your Magix Account
- You just need to fill in your personal details, email address and preferred password.

3: Redeem your voucher
- Provide the voucher code you received from the seller, if possible, copy and paste the voucher code from the seller to avoid typing errors.

4: Successfully Redeemed Voucher Code!
- You should receive an email from MAGIX. If not, check your spam and/or junk mail folders..

As SP. stated you can install the trial version with the 30-day activation code to start using Sound Forge right now.. When you get your perpetual code from Magix, just change it in Sound Forge which will reactivate. SF does not have to be uninstalled or reinstalled.

If an activation problem cannot be resolved on this forum, Magix can be emailed at sales@magix.net or infoservice@magix.net . For technical issues that cannot be resolved here, it is best to request an official Magix tech support ticket.

charles-clanton wrote on 8/31/2022, 2:17 PM

I deleted the copy of Soundforge that I purchased from Best Buy. I want to purchase a copy of the software directly from Magix. When I installed my Best Buy copy there was some additional software that loaded and I don't remember what the name of that software is. I think I may need to delete that software as well. Can you tell me the name of that other software that comes with SoundForge?

Thank you,

rraud wrote on 8/31/2022, 5:58 PM

I do not think you will need to uninstall anything, just go ahead and install Sound Forge from the Magix Sound Forge Installation Manager. The only third-party software in Sound Forge Audio Studio is iZotope's Ozone Elements.