Can't use FlexASIO with any of the magix products?..

Partack wrote on 8/29/2021, 11:41 AM

Hi, I've been using flexASIO with other programs for quite a while now with no problems.

My guitar amp sims all use it just fine (TonelibGFX, MidiGuitar 2, Guitar Rig 6)

Other DAW's seem to be fine with it too and I can use live monitoring with VST effects without any problems.

For those unaware, flexASIO is basically the same as ASIO2WASAPI / asio4all (or the pre-packaged "Magix Low Latency 2016" asio4all clone) but with shared mode. That means you can run multiple audio devices and programs all at once. (plus the input sounds cleaner than the magix driver for some reason..)

For example, you can monitor your guitar running through a USB cable while playing along to a backing track coming from youtube running on your on-board sound card and be in a zoom meeting (or in my case, discord call) all simultaneously.

I've had 3 separate softwares all monitoring the same flexasio driver at once and all output to "audacity" recording the stereo mix before, Just to see if I could do it. (it was easy and worked flawlessly.)

So why do all of MAGIX's programs refuse to use flexASIO?..

When I try to load it, I get the error:
"FlexASIO loading failed."
"No ASIO Driver Error"

Sometimes it won't show this popup and will seemingly load all the relevant information like the buffer size and devices but then when it tries to monitor the audio I get that same error message.

I'm convinced this is a bug with the way magix's software handles ASIO drivers (and if so, i've wasted money buying their software) but as a sanity check I would like to know if it's just me or if anyone else has had any luck with flexASIO or an alternative with shared mode enabled.

I'm able to use the "Magix Low Latency 2016" driver just fine with magix's programs, but it is a vastly inferior version of ASIO. mostly because of the lack of shared mode and the sound quality.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide on this matter.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/29/2021, 11:58 AM

@Partack I tried it in the past and couldn't get flexASIO working in Music Maker. FL Studio ASIO works fine with Music Maker and allows multiple sound sources in case you don't use an audio interface with its own ASIO drivers.

browj2 wrote on 8/29/2021, 12:40 PM

@Partack

Hi,

I suggest that you add this to the Wish List at the top (almost) of this forum page. Sounds like it would solve problems that many users have experienced.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos