Can't upgrade from trial version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0

Jack-Dowd wrote on 10/3/2023, 2:59 PM

Hi, I'm trying to help my boss out. In the past, he had previously used Sound Forge 10 trial version, then 11, then 16. He decided to buy the full version of 10 but is getting a message telling him to upgrade to the paid version or enter his serial number. Every time he enters the serial number associated with his purchase (bought from Amazon), it says that it attempts to upgrade and closes the program, but then the same message pops up. I attempted to do the same thing from my computer, using his Amazon login and the same serial number, and I was able to download and launch the program without issue. This is extremely frustrating and time-sensitive, as he needs to have access to the program ASAP to update tracks for his radio show. I am wondering if having the trial version previously is messing with his permissions to upgrade or something but if anyone can provide any help, it would be much, much appreciated.

Edit: he is using a Windows OS.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/3/2023, 3:05 PM

@Jack-Dowd You can try a free tool like Revo Uninstaller, to uninstall and remove all traces of Sound Forge from the computer and the Windows registry. Maybe this will help.

Version 10 was distributed by Sony. Sony stopped selling Sound Forge years ago and deactivated the registration servers.

You can try the following websites to get a download for an updated installer:

https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

https://www.magix.com/redeem/

If this doesn't work, you could try to contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance. But it will take some days until they respond.

In the meantime you can download the newest trial version from Magix.com and activate it for 30 days.

Other than that I can only suggest you ask the seller at Amazon for a refund.

rraud wrote on 10/4/2023, 10:18 AM

If you need to download SFP-10 and cannot get it though Magix w/o a serial, it can be found at the Sony archives, You will still need a valid serial code to activate it though.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Jack-Dowd.