Comments

rraud wrote on 2/19/2021, 5:01 PM

You must use the email address that was used when you initially registered Sound Forge AS-10 with SCS (Sony) . Magix uses that info to verify your ownership. If you cannot recall the email address, you may be SOL.
I do not know if one needs the original email in addition to the serial code to get the upgrade discount price to Sound Forge 15.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum @AuntieM.

AuntieM wrote on 2/19/2021, 5:19 PM

I am using the same email address...This is the second time I've had to reinstall this program due to computer upgrades. The last time (May 19, 2011) customer support sent me am email saying:

"Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0:
Removed by Moderator

Please note that the Authentication Code(s) above are specific to the computer with a Machine ID of Removed by moderator. If you need to install this software on a different computer or if you change certain components in your computer (such as hard drive), you may need to register your software again."

My Machine ID has changed but I can't figure out what it is. My device specifications list: Device name (XXXXXXX-###X#X#), and Device ID, Product ID both of which have very long numbers.

PATIENT-X wrote on 2/19/2021, 5:21 PM

@AuntieM

Hello, Welcome

You need to email infoservice@magix.net and explain the problem and ask for their help with your serial number, since it is my understanding that all existing customer data was passed to Magix when they bought the Sound Forge product line from Sony. As @rraud mentioned, provide your original email and serial when asked..

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 2/19/2021, 5:23 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

PATIENT-X wrote on 2/19/2021, 5:26 PM

@AuntieM @rraud

For security reasons, please do not display or reveal your serial number or machine i.d.

Currently, desktop machine i.d is irrelevant or upgrades to hard drives or components, your serial number and original email is sufficient, Please contact infoservice@magix.net for further assistance.

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 2/19/2021, 5:59 PM, changed a total of 6 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

emmrecs wrote on 2/20/2021, 3:55 AM

@AuntieM

As @PATIENT-X says, confidential data like serial numbers and machine IDs should never be posted to a public forum, like this one. To do so is to invite the hijacking of your software and computer. Hence I ahve removed them from your post.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

condex wrote on 2/20/2021, 4:16 AM

Just to add to emmrecs very important advice, some scam websites sell 'stolen' software products with genuine serial numbers to multiple customers who get sucked in by the old 'too-good-to-be-true' low price. When the scammed purchaser goes to activate the product, the activation process fails because that serial number is already registered - thereby proving that its a genuine serial number. Where do the scammers likely get those genuine serial numbers from? Perhaps from publicly accessible forums like this one where someone has inadvisably posted their serial number and thus given the scammer a money-making gift. The trouble can get really sticky if the genuine owner of the SN needs to de-activate / re-activate due to something like an HDD failure or an installation on a new computer - and before re-activating, someone with the stolen SN gets in before you do to activate and thus blocks you from accessing your legally bought product.