Comments

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/5/2018, 12:40 AM

You have a Magix account with Acid 7 listed on your products page? Is that where you downloaded your installed version from? Or are you trying to register an old Sony version? That may be your problem.

We will need that info at least to help you with your registration problem. The more info we have the better we can help.

Will

Noteworthy_Sounds wrote on 11/5/2018, 11:28 AM

I have a Magix account, but I purchased Acid Music Studio 7 at a store.

emmrecs wrote on 11/5/2018, 2:04 PM

Hi.

Since the current version of Acid Music Studio is version 10, I suspect that version 7 is "too old" to be registered with Magix since it was presumably part of the former Sony stable of products.

Perhaps you should contact Magix Support.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Noteworthy_Sounds wrote on 11/7/2018, 5:27 PM

Presumably part of Sony? Please tell me then which options or steps to choose as I'm contacting Magix Support. I'm trying to eliminate this turning into an unnecessary headache.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/7/2018, 10:15 PM

A store sold you Acid Music Studio 7 ???? Not Acid Pro 7 ?? If they did they absolutely ripped you off. If that is what happened (sold you Acid Music Studio 7) they sold you a product that has to be close to, or perhaps more than 10 years old. That is a plain rip off. Software that old is not worth anything.

If it was Acid Pro 7 then that is different.

Let us know.

Will

Noteworthy_Sounds wrote on 11/9/2018, 6:40 AM

There are Acid Music Studio 7,8, and 10. I'm suggested to report this issue to Magix support. By the looks of it Magix doesn't even recognize this particular product at all, most likely no support for it either. Therefore forced to purchase Acid Pro as you may be promoting?

The selections for support are a little confusing, again I don't want to drag this out. Tech support may not be of help to me being I don't have a tech problem. Anyone I can contact directly to tell me how to register this?

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 11/20/2018, 10:17 PM

I doubt if you can register it. If it was me I would go back to where I bought it & demand a refund because it sounds as if you were defrauded out of your hard earned $$$. No legit music retailer or online music dealer would ever sell you AMS 7. No way.

Will