can't install Ozone 9 Elements in SF AS15

Lyndon-Miller wrote on 2/19/2022, 9:16 PM

I am running pc version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 15. When I try to install Ozone 9 Elements trial version it places Ozone 9 Elements.dll and iZOzone9Elements.dll in the C:\Program Files\Steinberg folder. can someone tell which folder the dll's should be located? Drive folder and sub folders please.

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/20/2022, 10:38 AM

The Steinberg folder(s) is the default location, but the <.dll> file can be moved to another folder if you prefer, however the 'new' folder's path must be specified in the VST search directory. "Options> Preferences> VST Effects"
Either way, it would not prevent Ozone from being activated.. assuming you have a valid serial code, which is not included until you purchase Sound Forge.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Lyndon-Miller.

Lyndon-Miller wrote on 2/20/2022, 2:00 PM

Thank You, It's working for anyone else you must also include the Ozone 9 Elements.vst3 file in the same directory

rraud wrote on 2/20/2022, 3:24 PM

The VST 3 format plug-ins are in 'Program Files\Common Files\VST3' . I do not know if they can be moved around like the VST 2 format.

I have no experience with iZ's Elements demos or if the Ozone Elements in the Sound Forge install manager will run as a demo. If not, the Ozone Elements demo can be downloaded directly from iZ.