can't install after uninstall

maxvj wrote on 5/15/2020, 4:38 AM

hi i uninstalled music maker with the intet of installing it again

but every time i try ti install i first get the message "this will replace (music maker) and then after a few minutes "the specified account already exists" and the it reverts the installation.

when i uninstalled it i did it the regular way.

i have checked everywhere both programs folders the registry and everywhere - music maker is not installed,

i use microsoft program install & uninstall troubleshooter it cant find it either

only the magix music maker installer sees the "old" version

how do i fix this (apart from a clean windows install?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/15/2020, 2:39 PM

@maxvj

Hi

. . . . i have checked everywhere both programs folders the registry and everywhere . . . .

The uninstaller leaves files and registry entries behind that affect the installation unless removed.

How did you check the registry?

I normally do not recommend using a registry cleaner, however I have used CCleaner and it does do a good job, as does Revo Uninstaller, however if you do use a registry cleaner you do so at your own risk.

Check and delete any folders / files left behind relating to the program version that you find in the following folders:

• C:\Program files\Magix\program version
  • C:\Program files (x86)\Magix\program version
  • C:\ProgramData\Magix\program version - this is a hidden file so you may need to set Windows Explorer to show Hidden files.

Then do a hard restart of the computer before attempting to install the program again.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.