Comments

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:03 AM

@handras404 Which operating system are you using? Maybe your firewall blocks the installer? On modern Windows systems this could also be caused by Windows Defender or the Controlled Folder Access.

handras404 wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:08 AM

Thanks SP for quick reply!

I use Windows 10 and use very strong firewall settings which is configured by our company's system administrators, therefore not allowed to modify it. There is no any install file which is downloadable?

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:11 AM

@handras404 You can try and ask support at infoservice@magix.net for the installer instead of using the download manager But the app also need a one time online access to register it after installation.

emmrecs wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:11 AM

@handras404

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

The file you have is the Download Manager (_dlm). It first contacts the Magix server, downloads all the files needed for the complete installation and then unpacks them, prior to completing the actual installation.

It's not clear from what you write at what point the installation seems to "stop". Have the files actually downloaded or are you experiencing the quite common problem that your Antivirus/Firewall is blocking the connection between your computer and Magix and so preventing the files actually downloading and installing? This is especially the case if you use Windows Defender as your AV/Firewall. In this situation, you need to give specific permissions to allow the connection or, better still, temporarily turn off the AV/Firewall and so allow the download and installation to proceed.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

handras404 wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:28 AM

Unfortunately - as I wrote - the firewall settings are not allowed to modify even not able to turn off. I hoped that I can get some link to the full installations library like a CD image and can install Sound Forge locally.

But thanks for your help!

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:35 AM

@handras404 You can try and ask the support for a P2-serial number (instead of the usual P3 number) which can be used offline. But as far as I know this is only possible for Samplitude. But maybe this will work for Sound Forge, too. Or maybe there is some license server solution for on-premise licensing but I'm not sure.

If this isn't possible you will not be able to activate the software.

handras404 wrote on 8/25/2021, 4:49 AM

Thank you to all for support, I will try to request alternative way to install as SP advised. For licensing purpose Vegas Pro sometimes not starts, but in this case I switch my PC to mobile net. Now I tried to use this way but wasn't succesful.

Best regards and thanks again!

rraud wrote on 8/25/2021, 11:54 AM

@handras404. PM sent w/ link to download unpacked SFP-14 files) You will still need your serial code(s) to activate once SFP is installed.