Can't import mp3, doesn't even show in file browser, can't open flac

j-o wrote on 5/13/2018, 1:09 AM

Music Maker v: 25.1.2.78

install source: Humble Bundle

For some reason I can't import majority of the sound file types i have such as .mp3 and .flac. MIDI files and .ogg files will work, .flac used to work on the first install but importing it would come with a mass amount of static added in despite the track being perfectly fine in other sources. .flac files now say "cannot be read by MAGIX Music Maker. Please make sure the drive is not full or write-protected. If you do not have the authorization to write or read from this path, please contact the administrator" even if I run it in administrator mode. mp3 files don't even show in the file manager.

I've attempted to reinstall music maker three times now, once on the same drive, a second on my ssd. I've tried downloading random songs and some different file formats to see what works and it seems hit and miss on what works.

Comments

j-o wrote on 5/13/2018, 7:17 PM

Finally found the feature section, didn't think i needed to pay to be able to use other formats. mb

fan-boy wrote on 5/25/2018, 8:21 PM

I did NOT see Humble Bundle ,...sorry bout that .

I commented on Magix web site bundle offer .

Music Maker 2018 bundle , you should have gotten 8 vouchers , to choose 8 Features .

you should have gotten 8 vouchers to choose 8 instruments .

and more stuff with the MM 2018 bundle .

j-o wrote on 5/26/2018, 11:33 AM

I did NOT see Humble Bundle ,...sorry bout that .

I commented on Magix web site bundle offer .

Music Maker 2018 bundle , you should have gotten 8 vouchers , to choose 8 Features .

you should have gotten 8 vouchers to choose 8 instruments .

and more stuff with the MM 2018 bundle .

It was actually from the vegas pro bundle i believe, it had strangers things and some other packs but i don't thinkit had vouchers

johnebaker wrote on 5/26/2018, 1:21 PM

@fan-boy

Hi

. . . . It was actually from the vegas pro bundle i believe, it had strangers things and some other packs but i don't thinkit had vouchers . . . .

The free version of Music Maker is present in several non Music Maker software bundles, eg Vegas Pro.

This is an 'extra' and the option to install it appears when you run, for example, the Vegas Pro installer.

It does not come with any vouchers, they only come with the Music Maker bundle.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.