Can't get past vst loading

Michael-Keilhofer wrote on 6/5/2020, 8:36 AM

At startup, Sound Pro 14 is trying to load a lot of plugins I have. When I look at the vst list, the ones it's taking 10 minutes to load aren't even in the list. And when I uncheck some and hit OK, after 20 minutes it still hasn't completed and the dialog never goes away making the product sort of unusable. Eventually, the vst scanner dies.

I don't see a way to get support directly from anyone at Magix. Any ideas?

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/5/2020, 1:53 PM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge forum @Michael-Keilhofer.

You can contact Magix Tech Support here .. if needed

A few things you can try .. In no particular order:

Try resetting SF to the factory fresh default settings?''(File> Reset all preferences and Cached data) This will reset your customization layout and such so confirm you have the backed-up should you need it. Other customizations will have to be reset manually

Try deleting the "vst_grovel.log" files and re-start SF, it should rebuild the filss in a minute or so. As I recall they are in the C:\Users\'Username'\AppData\Local\Magix\Sound Forge Pro\ --version #--

The files that are causing the problem may be hidden, so use Windows setting to show "Hidden items' and search through the designated VST search folders.

Otherwise try this, Clear the VST search folders names in "Options> Preferences> VST Effects"

Find primary VST folder (typically the Steinberg folder in Program Files) and temporarily move the VST files <.dll)> somewhere else . Re-add a few of the VST <.dll> files a few at a time (Alphabetically for instance) and re-start SF. ID the offender that causes SF to hang, and remover them, Do the same with next VST search folder.. This is detective works, so be prepared to spend a half-hour 'or so' finding the files that causes SF to have whilst loading the VSTs