Comments

NoTurning wrote on 8/26/2009, 8:33 AM
I can't help much with ACL but check your program settings. Ensure the record and playback parameters are set correctly to line in.
Justin
ralftaro wrote on 8/26/2009, 10:49 AM
If the problem persists, can you possibly post a screen shot of your Cleaning Lab 15 recording dialog (the advanced view) with the recording mixer open as well ("Level control" button). Thanks.

NoTurning wrote on 8/27/2009, 7:48 AM
Also make sure the line in has not been inadvertently muted in Vista or the level brought all the way down. This can be done through the control panel or by double clicking the speaker icon in your system tray.
Justin
ralftaro wrote on 8/27/2009, 11:30 AM
All the settings look pretty good to me, so this might also be a driver issue. I'm kind of surprised to not see any entry for the sound hardware manufacturer name in the audio device selection in Cleaning Lab's recording dialog. Check what sound hardware/chipset it really is that you're using and get the most up-to-date drivers directly from the manufacturer. If that is Realtek, get the drivers directly from them. Unfortunately, some of the mainboard manufacturers using their on-board sound solutions don't really stay up-to-date with the drivers. Beyond this, you might think about getting and using some dedicated audio hardware (e.g. PCI plug-in sound card or external audio interface). That's what you should be using for audio software anyway. Your recording quality will also improve a big deal.

Good luck!