Can't find trial version of Magix Music Maker 80s Edition.

Neil-Kendall wrote on 12/1/2018, 6:56 AM

Hello all, I'm new to Magix and am very interested in trying Music Maker 80s Edition, however I looked on the product page and I can't find a link to download a trial version. All I see is an option to purchase it. Only the main Music Maker program seems to have a trial version, but not the 80s edition. I would like to try it out before I spend any money, so can anyone point me in the right direction to get a trial version?

About the 80s edition: is it possible to create your own music from scratch by programming in the notes for every instrument, or is simply a load of loops that you link together? I'm interested in creating my own songs entirely from scratch using different synth and drums sounds. Also, is it possible to plug in a midi or usb keyboard and play the sounds that way? Does it accept plug ins so I can get emulators for synths like the Yamaha DX7 and Roland D50 etc?

Thanks.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 12/1/2018, 7:21 AM

The only thing that is different between the 80's edition and the free edition is that you can download 3 lots of 80's style loops and one instrument. The basic program is the same whatever you buy. The numbers of additional features, instruments, effects and loops you can add depends on which version you buy. The free version has a free piano and a free synth. To use plug ins of your choice with a midi keyboard you'll need to buy at least the Plus edition and add vst support. Or just buy the features you want, which is far less cost effective.

browj2 wrote on 12/1/2018, 8:45 AM

Hi,

The only differences between the free version and the 80's version is that you get an additional 3 Soundpools and 1 instrument. They cannot give you these additions as a trial. Install the free version to see how it works.

Under the Store, the best deal that is being offered right now is Premium + one other special edition, like the 80's Edition for 80$US, I believe.

Look at the version comparison chart and the tutorials on the Magix.com site.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos