Can't find Impulse Files for Acoustic Mirror...Can anyone help? Thx!

scott-j8742 wrote on 10/13/2023, 11:42 AM

Hi,

I loved the older versions of Sound Forge which had ample Impulse Files for Acoustic Mirror. Instead of the new no-name reverbs, I remember using one that was based on St. John the Divine Church, in NYC with it's 16 sec reverb! for a project I worked on.

Trying to find the various Impulse Files for Acoustic Mirror. When I open it up in the newer versions, they aren't there. I've read previous postings that this not uncommon. Seems like when Magix bought Sony's stuff, the left this out, at least of the newer products.

I can't find a valid download link for the Impulse Files. Can anyone help me find one?

Many thanks!

S

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/13/2023, 12:36 PM

@scott-j8742 You can download your old versions from Magix.com. Simply use your old Sony login credentials.

I would guess that these files are included in the old installers.

rraud wrote on 10/13/2023, 5:57 PM

I may have the original Acoustic Mirror installation disc which should have the original impulse files. As I recall, AM was a separate purchase from SF back in the Sonic Foundry days, I will look for it.

rraud wrote on 10/14/2023, 10:43 AM

Update @scott-j8742, I just looked on my Win 10 laptop, the Acoustic Mirror impulse files I have are dated1997. I am not sure where they came from or if they are the same as the current impulse files that are included with SFP 16-17. In any case they are in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SOUND FORGE Shared Plug-Ins\Pro\Audio_x64
If you wish, download them here: tinyurl.com/AMImpulefiles

btw, Acoustic Mirror is a Direct X plug-in, so the VST location and set-up procedures do not apply.