Can't edit MIDI notes - can only zoom

grymmjack wrote on 9/22/2021, 9:03 AM

I'm using the latest version 30.

I tried to simply create a new MIDI clip 1 bar in length, double click to edit it, then add notes with the mouse. I've clicked the pencil in the toolbar of the MIDI editor, and it's selected but the cursor is consistently a zoom icon. I cannot do anything but zoom.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/22/2021, 9:36 AM

@grymmjack This is a bug. A computer reboot should solve the problem until it appears again.

grymmjack wrote on 9/22/2021, 11:12 AM

@grymmjack This is a bug. A computer reboot should solve the problem until it appears again.

Is there a known bug list?

SP. wrote on 9/22/2021, 11:16 AM

@grymmjack No, but there is this topic where users post bugs https://www.magix.info/de/forum/wishlist-for-the-next-music-maker--1279450/

SP. wrote on 9/22/2021, 11:17 AM

@Kia This has nothing to do with this topic but you can go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store. Usually you can log into your user account again after doing this.

emmrecs wrote on 9/22/2021, 1:40 PM

@Kia

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

As @SP. says, your first post to the forum has nothing to do with the subject of this thread and so has been hidden. Please do not hijack another user's thread in this manner but rather, if what @SP. suggests to do does not help you, please start a new thread with your question.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Brent wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:26 PM

I have the same problem and rebooting the computer does NOT fix the issue. It makes using the midi editor a futile task

SP. wrote on 10/28/2021, 7:30 PM

@Brent Have you selected "Reboot" or "Shut down"? You must select "Reboot".

If you did this and it didn't help I would suggest you reset the program settings under the menu File > Settings