Can Samplitude open without creating a new project every time?

beans wrote on 9/27/2017, 8:47 PM

Hi,

When I open Samplitude a new project is automatically created. I always have to close it and then go to the save folder and delete the new blank, unused, and unwanted project. If I don't, I end up with a long list of projects that I have to search thru to find my current project etc. It's just a whole heap of hassle that I don't need or want. Can I simply turn this function off? I've looked thru program and project settings, used the search function in the manual, looked in the online community, but no dice. Can you help?

Samplitude Music Studio 2016 build 26 64 bit

Windows 7 Home Premium, i5, 8gig ram, 1.5t hdd.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/27/2017, 10:29 PM

Hi,

I don't have this version but older ones and Samplitude Pro X2 and 3. From what I recall and from MusicStudio 2, the program normally opened with a screen asking if you want to start a new program or open and existing one. There is a check box at the bottom with something like "Don't show this again." If you clicked on it, you won't get this screen and the program will likely always start with a new project. Go into program settings (P), General and click on Reset all "Don't show this screen again." Go out and come back into the program and you should now get the choice screen.

In Samplitude Pro X3, the checkbox on the startup screen says, "always show during start." Remove the checkbox and you will probably get a new project each time.

Let us know if this resolves the problem. If not, then what is the first screen that you see; post a screen shot.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

beans wrote on 9/27/2017, 11:12 PM

I see where you're coming from. The workflow routine I want is to open the program then click on folders to open a specific project, same as Word etc (Word opens a blank doc but doesn't autosave it if you open an existing doc). That isn't possible, but (and it's a big but) by dismissing the first 'intro' diag box I get the project options box. If I shut that down I don't get a blank project, but (see above) that second diag box gives me the option to open the folder option without shutting the box down. It's the same number of steps and gives me the option to shut the second diag box down and have no project open (can't think why that is useful off hand; I just wanted to stop having to delete blank projects; which are auto-saved without my being asked, but better safe than sorry I guess). I get the architecture now, so: issue solved, thanks mate! One less reason to swear at my pc is always good. And thanks for being so prompt in answering; very appreciated.