Can I upgrade from Sound Forge Pro 13 to 15?

Catwoman2 wrote on 8/16/2021, 1:29 PM

Hi! This is my first post to this forum. I recently purchased Sound Forge Pro 13 from Humble Bundle and I really like it, so I’m wondering if I can upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 15, and how much it would cost. I see the upgrade price on the website, but I don’t know if that applies to version 13 or if the upgrade price only applies to version 14.

Thank you very much for any information anyone can provide! I’m so glad I found this forum.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/16/2021, 2:03 PM

@Catwoman2 I think you should get the upgrade without problems. You must first register your version of Sound Forge 13 to your user account before you can order the upgrade. The upgrade price is for all old versions regardless of whether your version is one year old or five years. I don't know if the new version has enough new features for you to justify the upgrade price. Maybe if you want to use the remote recording function. Sound Forge Pro Suite is a little bit more expensive to upgrade but it comes with SpectraLayers Pro 7 which is an immensely powerful application for spectral sound editing. I case you don't have it and could use it regularely I would say the upgrade price is very good. You an also upgrade it for cheap to SpectralLayers Pro 8 on Black Friday. Usually Steinberg has a 50% sale then.

Catwoman2 wrote on 8/16/2021, 3:29 PM

@SP.  Thank you very much for your help — I really appreciate it!