Can I upgrade from Acid Music Studio to Acid music pro???

LegionHWP wrote on 11/11/2022, 6:34 AM

I purchased Acid Music Studio 11 and thanks to help on this board realized it does not do midi sync so I need Acid Pro. I have doweloaded a trial version of pro and it works for sync so I'd like to upgrade.

When I open Studio it often flashes offers to "upgrade Pro" BUT it is not clear if i can use these offers to upgrade FROM my current Acid Music Studio 11 to Pro or if this is only for a *previous* version of Pro to the latest (or from Pro to the Pro producers bundle).

I have emailed Magix tech support and Sales for two weeks. Outside of auto replies the only reply I got was they are short staffed and "you need the pro version to do midi Sync". No one from Magix has gotten back to me to confirm the offers (currently $79 to upgrade to the Acid pro from this page https://www.magix.com/us/upgrades/) will actually work with my registered version of Acid Music Studio.

Given the lack of any phone support and virtually no email or sales/tech support for weeks I'm not inclined to just buy this and hope for the best. I am sure if it's not the right product at best I'll just get a "you need to buy..." email again which really doesn't help me buy and use this product. I have tried companies like Sweetwater, etc but they told me only magix handles upgrades so I must deal with them.

Can anyone confirm if the "upgrade" offers are valid to go from a current registered version of Acid Music Studio 11 to Acid Pro 11? Has anyone done this recently?

Is there ANY way to get this confirmation from Magix? While I'm willing to pay more for the right thing, I'm concerned about spending more money and getting a product that still won't be what I can use.

Any/All help appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/11/2022, 9:22 AM

@LegionHWP Just try to buy it. The website will only allow customers to buy upgrades if the required programs are registered to their accounts. If you can buy the upgrade, it will work fine.

LegionHWP wrote on 11/11/2022, 9:43 PM

@LegionHWP Just try to buy it. The website will only allow customers to buy upgrades if the required programs are registered to their accounts. If you can buy the upgrade, it will work fine.

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I’m comfortable doing that without some confirmation since Magix support is basically unobtainable. I can add this to my cart and get to the final “buy now” spot but nowhere does it ask for a serial # to indicate the cart or sale knows I am trying to upgrade Music studio. I can add an “upgrade” for other products I don’t even own too so that indicates to me that there is no rhyme or reason for this. I assume since I can’t even get an email back I certainly won’t be able to get a refund if I buy the “wrong” item again.

I guess I’m looking here to see if someone has actually recently done this successfully. It seems odd that an “upgrade” that pops up in my software would not work but I also wouldn’t put it past them to just throw out offers since the web site keeps pointing to generic answers rather than specific replies when I do a search for this . 🤔

emmrecs wrote on 11/12/2022, 3:44 AM

@LegionHWP

Two things to add (to, hopefully, help to end your doubts!):

1. You have a period of time after initial purchase of any Magix software to request a refund. I believe it is 14 days. If you decide to request a refund you need to send the request, along with the details of your order to infoservice@magix.net.
  2. The fact that you already have some Magix software and therefore a Magix account means that the "system" already knows what (Magix) software you own and can therefore decide whether or not you are entitled to the upgrade price, rather than the full price. In my experience you will not be offered the "upgrade" price if you are not entitled to it!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 11/12/2022, 6:22 AM

@LegionHWP

Hi,

...since Magix support is basically unobtainable.

Why do you say that? Did you try?

Magix overhauled this forum recently. Under Support, it takes less than 10 seconds to get to the ticket/email page, only because I have to look at the screen and make a selection of the category and software. Scroll down and click on "CONTACT SUPPORT." The rest is obvious.

As for upgrading, did you first download the trial version and try it out to see if it works ok on your computer? And that it's ok for you? If not do so.

If you want it, then, as the others indicated, try purchasing the Upgrade to Acid Pro. If Magix takes your money, you'll get an instant reply by email with the serial number. Then, simply use that when you next open Acid Pro.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 11/12/2022, 6:24 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

LegionHWP wrote on 11/12/2022, 8:20 AM

>>...since Magix support is basically unobtainable.

>Why do you say that? Did you try?

I did, for weeks now. I initially opened a ticket to find out about midi sync and emailed info@ sales@ and support@ both via their ticket system and directly. I would get auto replies instantly that my ticket was open and then nothing despite following up. Eventually I got a reply that didn’t answer all my questions almost two week later that apologized for the delay and said they have been short staffed. I wrote back asking the same question in my original email and never heard back (outside of an auto reply again)

>Magix overhauled this forum recently. Under Support, it takes less than 10 seconds to get to the ticket/email page, only because I have to look at the screen and make a selection of the category and software. Scroll down and click on "CONTACT SUPPORT." The rest is obvious.

early this week I opened a new ticket to ask if the upgrade would work from music studio to music pro I got one auto reply and no answer. When I go to the magic site and try to get support it pushes me to the online answers and this forum (which , at least, has replies from helpful people - TY).

having a link to open a ticket that is not replied to is not the same as giving support. And I’ve been repeatedly told this forum’s replies are not Magix employees so…🤷🏻

>As for upgrading, did you first download the trial version and try it out to see if it works ok on your computer? And that it's ok for you? If not do so.

As I mentioned in my Post here I did and it does sync. That’s why I am trying to upgrade in the first place,

>If you want it, then, as the others indicated, try purchasing the Upgrade to Acid Pro. If Magix takes your money, you'll get an instant reply by email with the serial number. Then, simply use that when you next open Acid Pro.

I hear what you are saying but if you read this thread you may understand my concern for doing this. Perhaps Magic will take my money but they seem ready to with other products I can add to my cart (as a test) for upgrade which I do NOT have so it’s not clear if the upgrade, even if purchased, will work for my music studio or the pro trial.

SP. wrote on 11/12/2022, 8:31 AM

@LegionHWP Like already written, if you can buy the upgrade with your user account, it will work fine. An upgrade is always a full version, but for a reduced price. You will get a serial number and a download link for the download manager and then you can just download and install the program. You don't even need to have ACID Music Studio installed because you download a complete, full program.

johnebaker wrote on 11/12/2022, 11:07 AM

@LegionHWP

Hi

. . . . info@ sales@ and support@ . . . .

If you sent the emails to the above to magix.com these are not valid email addresses.

On the Magix web site Support section you would have seen that the email address is infoservice@magix.net

. . . . Perhaps Magic will take my money but they seem ready to with other products I can add to my cart (as a test) for upgrade .. . . .

You will see if you are going to get the upgrade price before you enter the payment details as seen in the example below for a Xara product from Magix, for which I am qualified me for the upgrade to a different product of the same family.

Once continuing from the above page your reach the payment page and take your money once you enter a valid credit card and confirmed the purchase.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

LegionHWP wrote on 11/13/2022, 6:56 AM

To clarify:

. . . . info@ sales@ and support@ . . . .

If you sent the emails to the above to magix.com these are not valid email addresses.

On the Magix web site Support section you would have seen that the email address is infoservice@magix.net

I think I mentioend I went through the portal so I sent a message to infoservice as well (and got an autoreply). I also got an email FROM Sales@magix.com but it was formatted in a way that i couldn't read it. When I replied I never heard back.

I have sent and replied to multiple autorepies from support@magix.com that state I should reply with the ticket number - I did- and emails to infoservice for weeks. Outside of getting another autoreply saying they recived my email and would reply shortly I never got any replies outside of the one where they didn't answer the question and said they were short staffed.

Maybe others have a different experience but this is the one I have had consistently for weeks. I logged into my account, opened two different tickets properly, and properly replied to any response I received. No support from magix ever answered or replied.

The folks on this forum have been very helpful and i hope to return the favor some day if I ever learn more about the software. Thanks for your help.

You will see if you are going to get the upgrade price before you enter the payment details as seen in the example below for a Xara product from Magix, for which I am qualified me for the upgrade to a different product of the same family.

Once continuing from the above page your reach the payment page and take your money once you enter a valid credit card and confirmed the purchase.

John EB, Forum Moderator

Based on multiple replies here and Dms I took the leap and bought the upgrade. I got a serial number so hopefully this will do the trick. The one odd thing was the "upgrade" was available when i was still on the site as a guest (in my cart, ready to pay). This seemed odd as at that point I hasn't logged in or proved I had a previsou version. i didn't take any chances and did log in and bought it with my account, it never asked me for my previous purchase or any into but, hey, i got it so fingers crossed.

While I would have been more confortable getting a reply from Magix I , again, am thankful for the moderators and help from this forum. Thank you!