Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 5/24/2012, 6:34 AM

Hi, I had a similar question a while ago, did a bit of research and as near as I can determine the biggest benefit to business registration is related to what information goes in to the "whois" data base.  I have read that it can help increase traffic to your web site, but I can't think of why any of my clients would be searching the the "whois" data base for anything related to my business.  It is not that expensive, and changing it should be a simple matter of going to the company that you purchased the domain through and change your registration from personal to business.  I simply see little benefit to making the change, I would rather spend my energy on search engine optimization.

nihon94 wrote on 6/3/2012, 1:43 PM

You will have to check from your web host. Often web hosting offer upgrade  from Private plan to Business etc. Upgrade will keep your same domain name while you will have to pay a little more.

Note you must clearly tell your web host why you want to upgrade ,that will help you to avoid any future problems,

nihon94