Can anyone suggest an answer to the message 'memory allocation failed'?

tpadfield wrote on 12/13/2008, 10:33 AM
Magix Moves on CD and DVD keeps freezing, and I get the message 'Memory allocation failed. Maybe there is no memory available or an internal error has occurred.' There is plenty of memory available, and the message does not appear for any other program. Magix have not responded to my request for help. Can anyone suggest a solution, please?
Thanks
Tim

Comments

radarmp wrote on 5/5/2009, 4:26 PM
I'M GETTING IT TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN TRYING TO EDIT TRANSITIONS & LENGTHS OF IMAGES & VIDEOS CLIPS IN THE TIMELINE...MY VIDEO IS 2 HOURS LONG SO FAR & I'M ASSUMING THIS MAY BE CAUSING THE PROBLEM AFTER SO MANY MINUTES???  CAN'T ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BUT JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THAT NO-ONE HAS ANSWERED ME EITHER.
ericjar wrote on 6/26/2009, 11:18 AM
This is not a solution, but I get the same error, I am using MEP 15 plus, and have a brand new video card with 1024 megs dedicated memory and 4 Gigs of system memory on a 3 Ghz dual core processor.

I was only working on a video a few minutes long... I don't think it has to do with length of the project.

I too have emailed support with no response for days...

Seems like when I import more than a couple video files this might happen, but I also have a meter showing system memory use and I never see it go over about 60%.

After weeks of no response from MAGIX, I bought Sony Vegas Premium Pro Pak 9, for about the same price as MEP 15... and I have to say I doubt I will return to MEP. Vegas is working smoothly and very fast. I have tried to make it crash, but not even a lag has occurred.