Bus "audio" objects PLEASE!

Daz_Harris wrote on 9/2/2024, 4:23 AM

Hi folks, feature request here!

Could we please have "audio" objects on busses?

What do i mean by this?

I want to be able to create an object on a bus which i can apply plugins to. So, Samplitude would pretend that its just an audio track, even though the audio isn't actually rendered to a file (although of course its rendering "live" to a stereo track that feeds into the bus).

Why? Because sometimes you just want to do some simple sound change like a bit more compression on the verse of a song. Obviously you could do this with automation in a plugin on that bus, but that's actually quite a hassle and then you're dealing with an extra automation lane, curves etc. Whereas it would be super quick to just draw an object on that bus track, throw a compressor on there, fade in and out and done.

And imagine if you want to change four parameters in the compressor between the verse & chorus. That's four automation lanes and four curves! And maybe you need it to happen 3 times in the song! It would be way easier to just do it using my suggested feature!

Sure, you can copy / paste curves, but it's way more finickity and fiddly.

It would be a really unique feature as i never saw this in another DAW.

The point is, the difference in time it takes means that you would do tweaks that you otherwise wouldn't bother with because it's too much hassle. So it would really be a workflow improvement.

And you could also give the object a button that let's you render the visual waveform that hasn't yet been bounced. But it would only need to render that object, not the whole song, so should be pretty quick. So, i mean it needs to internally render the wave, then use that for the waveform visual display.

Anyways, just an idea, i feel like it has been a very long time since Samp / Seq added any fundamental new audio features like this!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 9/2/2024, 5:54 AM

@Daz_Harris

Welcome to the Magix users forum, so not a guaranteed contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

However, I suggest you email infoservice@magix.net and ask that they pass your suggestion to the Samplitude developers.

I assume this is for Samplitude Pro? If so, you could also send a message to the Pro Audio Team.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Daz_Harris wrote on 9/2/2024, 6:01 AM

Good idea, I'll do that!

browj2 wrote on 9/2/2024, 6:48 AM

@Daz_Harris

Hi,

I suggest that you join the Samplitude/Sequoia forum and post there. That is where most Samplitude users hang out and quite often someone from Magix.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Daz_Harris wrote on 9/2/2024, 7:01 AM

Cheers, will-do!