Building Peaks/Freeze

brian-johnson wrote on 6/24/2024, 12:20 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a projects in Acid Pro 9 that had been opening up fine. Now the files say that they are "building peaks". They are building extremely slow, for almost an hour, as if the program has crashed. This is the third time today this has happened with this particular song. Other projects are loading without any issue...

Thank you guys,

Brian

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/24/2024, 12:41 PM

@brian-johnson As long as you can open your project I would suggest you export all tracks as Wav files. Just in case the project may be corrupted in the future.

You can try to reset the program settings. Close Acid. Then hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click the program icon to open up Acid again. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Do this and try to open your project again.

brian-johnson wrote on 6/24/2024, 12:44 PM

S.P.,

Thank you so much for your advice! Will give it a try here shortly. You've bailed me out so many times!

Thank you again,

Brian

GRB wrote on 6/25/2024, 9:55 AM

@brian-johnson As long as you can open your project I would suggest you export all tracks as Wav files. Just in case the project may be corrupted in the future.

You can try to reset the program settings. Close Acid. Then hold CTRL and SHIFT and double click the program icon to open up Acid again. Keep holding CTRL and SHIFT until a small window appears that will ask you if you want to reset the program settings. Do this and try to open your project again.

Oh wow, this is my first time being made aware of the "CTRL and SHIFT and double click, reset" option...

Can I ask what a "reset" does? I've heard "reload/rebuild" mentioned before elsewhere too, is this the same?

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

emmrecs wrote on 6/25/2024, 1:27 PM

@GRB

"Reset" returns the program to all its default settings, i.e., it returns to "how it was when it was first installed".

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

GRB wrote on 6/25/2024, 1:59 PM

@GRB

"Reset" returns the program to all its default settings, i.e., it returns to "how it was when it was first installed".

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Thank you Jeff,

Core program settings mostly, or all settings, like vst and soundpool folder changes, etc?

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

emmrecs wrote on 6/26/2024, 3:31 AM

@GRB

Everything!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

brian-johnson wrote on 6/26/2024, 1:58 PM

S.P.,

Thank you for your help! Problem is resolved!

Brian