Broken and broken patch

Brandon-James wrote on 3/6/2021, 3:33 PM

So i just bought the new 2021 premium edition of music maker. Great stuff i was excited for.....turns out when i go to export a song it completely cancels out the Track effects not only in the exported file but also after the fact and can't bring it back unless i re-load the saved project file. "Was using the Orange Vocoder' on a vocal track.
I mean sure if i don't use effects i could still export but where's the creativity in that?
To make it worse, When i download the latest patch it installs then restarts the program only to have this new welcome screen to only show half of it and freeze . Won't let me log in, won't recognize that i bought the premium edition. completely broken.
So i uninstalled and re-installed and well problem 2 is fixed but i'm back at square one, Not being able to export my songs without anything going missing from it. So i'm gonna force myself to go back to the previous version until you guys can give a patch that actually works and doesn't destroy my program
Unless someone can tell me what's going wrong with both exporting songs with added track effects and/or the new patch freezing/breaking my program.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/6/2021, 4:38 PM

@Brandon-James It would be helpful if you could post all your computer specifications like hardware (computer + audio hardware), operating system, audio drivers etc.

Brandon-James wrote on 3/6/2021, 10:38 PM

I believe I'm running
AMD processor equivalent to an I7
Nvidia GTX 750 which i'm upgrading this summer to a 1050
32GBs of Ram
MSI 970 gaming motherboard
250GB SSD with my operating system on it "Windows 10"
2-1TB drives one of which is empty.
I think my audio driver is REALTEK 11n
Not sure where to find the actual drivers.
The pc is a couple years old but it runs pretty smooth.
Never had any problems with the previous version.
I also have not yet tested if it's just the vocoder or if any track effect will export correctly.
I was just making a test track using some presets/loops when i discovered this.
Any help at all would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

johnebaker wrote on 3/7/2021, 5:30 AM

@Brandon-James

Hi

Can you be more specific please and quote full names.

. . . . AMD processor equivalent to an I7 . . . .

Which model number?

. . . . REALTEK 11n . . . .

Is this a Realtek USB 802.11n Wifi adapter?

The MSI 970 motherboard has a Realtek ALC1150 are you using this?

. . . . "Windows 10" . . . .

Which version and build number? To get this - while holding down the Windows key tap the R key release the Windows key. In the small dialog that opens type in winver and then press OK

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Brandon-James wrote on 3/7/2021, 11:30 AM

Yes it comes up as "Realtek 11.n LAN is disconnected"
I'm not currently using speakers just a headset.
My LAN is connected so i don't know what that means other then my desktop speakers not being plugged in as the wiring came loose and needs replacement.

The processor, i found in device manager - AMD FX 8350 eight core
When i bought the pc i was told it's as good as an I7.
and
Win10
Version 2004 (OS build 19041.804)

Update** Last night i tested other effects including one i downloaded from an external source and they export correctly and don't disappear from either music maker or the saved exported file.
So far it looks like it's the Orange Vocoder bugging out which the up-to-date patch would probably solve.

emmrecs wrote on 11/24/2021, 3:44 AM

@Joshua-Estes

I have hidden your post to this thread because it is a duplicate of what you posted to your own, new thread. Please do not create duplicate posts, otherwise it becomes very difficult for any other user to know to which thread they should post.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam