Comments

Ricardo_MF wrote on 9/29/2021, 11:42 AM

Hi there!

I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly, so a detailed example would help.

If you mean that you miss the selection handles to shear and stretch images / bitmaps , those functions are still available as of P&GD v. 17. It took me a while to figure out how to use them now, but:

• To stretch, select an image with the "Selector Tool", click "Show selection bounds handles", unlock aspect ratio, hold the [Alt] key and move one of the horizontal or vertical handles

• To shear, move your cursor slightly outside of the image near a horizontal or vertical handle, until you see the cursor change its shape, then click & drag.

browj2 wrote on 9/29/2021, 7:36 PM

@Rick-Harpenau

Hi,

See this answer.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Rick-Harpenau wrote on 9/30/2021, 6:29 AM

REally do appreciate your reply and help, but, i agree with your or their example, it's just that this newer version removed that one control feature right above the selection arrow. The box thing with 8 dots, it's gone. Maxic customer support indicated that they are aware of the issues people are having with not being able to stretch like we could before and are hoping to provide a fix or bring it back in a new version.

Ricardo_MF wrote on 9/30/2021, 7:20 AM

this newer version removed that one control feature right above the selection arrow

Ouch! One more reason to not upgrade from my current version, then. Thanks for letting me know.

Shmuel-Goldstein wrote on 10/7/2021, 12:37 PM

I have the same issue and there is no workaround other than using the previous versions. Stretching objects does work with the ALT key but not photos!!!! They really need to fix this!