Bought Sound Forge Pro 14 from Musicians Friend key dont work

jeannine-p wrote on 2/25/2021, 12:59 PM

Im trying to call magix # musicians friend gave me, but no answer or message service. the key has numbers and letters. the download link went to a 404 page but i downloaded the demo and it is not taking my key. musicians friend does not refund. please contact me magix thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/25/2021, 1:34 PM

@jeannine-p

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry.

There is no number you can call, but, since you bought the app from Musician's Friend they, as the seller, are responsible for ensuring you have a product that works. Whether or not they refund is immaterial; they are the seller, they are responsible for the goods they sell.

Magix staff will not be able to help you since they, Magix, will have no record of your purchase, at least until you are able to install, activate and register the app. Then you will have a Magix account which will allow you access to Magix support.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

rraud wrote on 2/25/2021, 1:51 PM

Hi @jeannine-p and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users forum This a peer-to-peer users group and no one here is a Magix employee.. including the moderators. You can request a support ticket from Magix Customer Service online or email them at infoservice@magix.net.
That said, first contact Musicians Friend since they were the seller. They have a customer service phone # and online contact.

For future reference, I would recommend purchasing directly from Magix, there has been reports of problems with purchases from Best Buy as well.

jeannine-p wrote on 2/27/2021, 5:11 PM

Thanks guys!

FSR wrote on 3/13/2021, 4:38 PM

M friend is Guitar center and they have a rock-solid return policy if the product don't work, even software.