Bought Sound Forge 15. Can't activate it. Help!

Steve-12 wrote on 6/27/2021, 10:57 AM

I've just bought Sound Forge 15 and downloaded it. But (1) it said it was an upgrade and Sound Forge 14 is still there; (2) to activate it, you gave me a serial number, which I entered, only to be told that it had already been used - but SF15 is nowhere to be found.

Help, please.

Steve (86 years old and trying to keep up with things but finding it hard)

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/28/2021, 11:12 AM

What version of Sound Forge do you have? (Pro, Audio Studio or 365)
Are you trying to activate SF-15 through SF-14 (which is not the way ) First, the 'upgrade' version must be installed. Sound Forge 14 and other earlier versions, are all separate and have no affect in subsequent SF installations and activations. All versions of SF can coexist on the same PC without issue and do not have to be uninstalled.
If you already installed Sound Forge-15 cannot find it, look in the Windows 'Start' menu, look for the "C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Pro 15.0 folder. If that exists, double-click the <Forge150.exe> file to launch it and open the activation window dialog to enter it's unique serial code. You can also create a desktop shortcut from the 'Forge150.exe' file. If you have Sound Forge Audio Studio, the folder and file paths should be similar.

you gave me a serial number,

btw, @Steve-12, this is user-to-user forum.