Boss Dr 3 Drum Machine and Magix Midi

john-mcnamara wrote on 11/9/2017, 9:53 AM

Hi all got a problem with music studio and drum patterns. I'm no drummer so i use midi file to transfer to my Boss DR 3 and create live patterns for a solo act using a loop pedal nothing fancy just better patterns than the on board ones. I have been using a free downloaded software to play the patterns on the DR 3 for some time but now need to edit them to fit the limited space on the DR3.

So I have imported a midi file and set up the channel to 10 to correspond with the DR3 and the pattern plays fine but when i try to step record it will not start automatically.

So went through the manual and found that the sync needed to be turned on and the MC box needed checking, all good this synced the drum machine and it started recording however the drum pattern was looping back and doubling the pattern out of time as if there was a latency issue, I have tried to find out through the manual but cant find what I need to switch off to correct this, I have also reset the software back to factory setting. The DR 3 still works with the old software and there is very little to change on its setting, there is only midi in so the is no feed back from midi out or through. I hope someone can help on this

Regards John

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...