Comments

Former user wrote on 4/27/2020, 5:50 PM

Are many any other people getting this on acid 10 and next ? crashes my pc quite often during and closing or recording projects?
i know of a few others so its a magix software issue im guessing.i have the very latest windows updates

Mine crashes mostly using 3rd party plugins. I installed STA delay from pluginsboutique and just as I tried using it, Acid 10 froze to death.

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/2/2020, 5:01 AM

This is getting a joke now,acid next and 10 constantly going to blue screen and crashing,my pc is powerful enough and been fully optimised. im losing patience with this flawed product,nothing else does this on my pc and no other daw is as unrealible by a long margin

Former user wrote on 5/2/2020, 5:20 AM

This is getting a joke now,acid next and 10 constantly going to blue screen and crashing,my pc is powerful enough and been fully optimised. im losing patience with this flawed product,nothing else does this on my pc and no other daw is as unrealible by a long margin

I understand your pain man. In my case, this is the only DAW I am fluid with (I own almost all other "major" DAWs except for Reaper) so I just put up with the issues. I have finally accepted the fact that it is what it is. I can't use 3rd party plugins (most of them), I can't open MP3s and Magix doesn't have a solid answer for this. Crossing my fingers that Magix is not doing anymore paid upgrades and just is working on issues at hand.

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/12/2020, 4:33 AM

So i reinstalled my focusrite saffire again to see if this would work ie process of elimination and during install it came up with firmware update,didnt before/this has now worked and dare i say it 10 for now is very stable and working,no blue screen or crashes

jocker-boy wrote on 5/12/2020, 7:03 AM

I mainly use Waves and Brainworx plugins in AP 9 but also have problems with gui sometimes they are scaled incorrectly.When panning up and down the image gets multi duplicated, Not all automation and control parameter lights are working properly.Dozens I won't buy, I will wait for AP 11 if it still appears.

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/12/2020, 8:28 AM

I mainly use Waves and Brainworx plugins in AP 9 but also have problems with gui sometimes they are scaled incorrectly.When panning up and down the image gets multi duplicated, Not all automation and control parameter lights are working properly.Dozens I won't buy, I will wait for AP 11 if it still appears.

Automation i cannot get to work for me at all. i got lucky that i brought a package of magix sofware for 10 uk pounds which included the last magix soundforge,so i do automations that i cant record in that like djs using filters etc and it can use all my vst's in soundforge,then record as it has a listen to sounds playing on your computer option then after that load it up into acid,not the best way but it works

jocker-boy wrote on 5/12/2020, 11:56 AM

Automation i cannot get to work for me at all. i got lucky that i brought a package of magix sofware for 10 uk pounds which included the last magix soundforge,so i do automations that i cant record in that like djs using filters etc and it can use all my vst's in soundforge,then record as it has a listen to sounds playing on your computer option then after that load it up into acid,not the best way but it works

It may be a solution, but it probably takes you more time to work on a given project.Programmers should from Magix should take an example from colleagues from Ableton Live or Cubase where it is easy to apply it on an audio or midi track or add it in additional sub-windows.:) Such solutions would make the work easier and correct the mess on paths with different lines for effects, functions etc.